Hi can some one tell me which of these is better

Depends on the game and what processors you are talking about. In most games a higher clocked dual core will be better but there are instances of some games that can actually use all four cores and will run better on a lower clocked quad.

To better assist you you should list exactly what processors you are talking about and what game.

white4lfe

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010

Hi, my name is John and i am going to talk about my opinions & experiences below. To be safe your experience may vary :kaola:

I'm going to assume your looking at maybe a i5-620(650)? dual core with hyper-threading and a i5-750 with 2.6 ghz quad core :D The only reason i can randomly take those numbers and assume what they are is because i went threw this same process a month ago.

Let me share my conclusion...After researching the i5's i really started looking into money vs price vs performance. Now the i5-620 or 650 whichever is the name does come with hype-rthreading and will effectively end up giving you 4 cores virtually. But as you asked about gaming hyper-threading isn't incorporated as far as i know or at least doesn't add anything or much performance at all. Instead the i5-750 is essentially a i7 without hyper-threading which keeps the i7's price justified. For me i went with the i5-750 because out of all the benchmarks i saw you would have to spend at least double the amount of money to get a real big performance difference between the i5-750 vs an i7 and the low end i7 is worse. Now DO NOT buy the i5-750s because its slower than the regular i5-750.

I bought the 750 and overclocked it to 3.6ghz without even a single hiccups in any case at all. I have a overclocking guide bookmarked from this site that i could send you if you go this same route. But all in all the i5-750 is really the best value i could of hoped for!!! All my research and knowledge goes back about 1-2 months and the i7 six cores wasnt out yet so my statements remain a 1 month in the past :D

I hope this helps you make up your mind but if i guessed wrong about the CPU's and that 3.2 isnt a hyper-threading then don't even hesitate or possibly pick this i5-750 over whatever you were thinking if your budget and motherboard allows.