Help! phenom II x4 955be / ice blade pro high temp

olracnom

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
im using ice blade pro for my phenom II x4 955be but i think my temp is to high.
Using prime95 my core temp goes around 55-57c core temperature / 42-44 cpu temperature.

When its idle and just browsing the internet 37-38c core temperature / 37c cpu temperature.

Btw im using my computer at 2pm afternoon and its summer in our country.
I think our weather temperature here is 30-33c.

Is it normal?

i know the maximum temperature for phenom II x4 955be is 62c, is it for the temp for each core or for the cpu temp?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Load temps around 20-25C above room temps is normal your problem is just the high room temps if they are 30-33C. I have found core temps to be generally inaccurate and always go by the CPU temp, though unless the core temps are obviously inaccurate I would not be happy with any temps going over 60C.
Load temps around 20-25C above room temps is normal your problem is just the high room temps if they are 30-33C. I have found core temps to be generally inaccurate and always go by the CPU temp, though unless the core temps are obviously inaccurate I would not be happy with any temps going over 60C.

Solution

mr_flappypants

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
My 965BE maxes out at around 61-62C during Prime95 torture. It never goes past ~56C for gaming purposes. Remember that the torture test utilizes your CPU much more than any kind of gaming will ever do. Look into upgrading your cooler and adding an extra fan or so. Also I found that (with my case, Antec Sonata III) that taking the cover off drops my temp about 5C. I don't recommend it because dust will become a huge problem but you could go through the hassle of upgrading your case if you really needed to.

olracnom

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

im using ice blade pro as my cpu cooler. im just a little worried cause my old procie athlon II x3 440 is a lot cooler than my new procie, in prime95 my temp in x3 440 is only 42c oc'ed @ 3.4ghz and while gaming the temp is only 35-38c and idle @ 25-30c
im just not used to this kind of high temperature...

4 cores run hotter than 3 but if the x3 idles at 25-30 then the room temp must be below that so my previous post no longer works out. Except I suspect the core temps are wrong and the CPU temp is fine. (My core temps read well below room temps which can't be correct)