Bios update please help!

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
bios1d.jpg

im looking just for the update, i been looking and only place i can go is biosagentplus which i have to pay for. and i don't have the funds to do so.

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

i dont know who it is, but is not omnicell they are a pharmaceutical company, and i called them they said they cannot provide me with information since i am not a customer. basicaly what i have is this
http://omnicorpprod.omnicell.com/Solutions/Medication-Dispensing/Pages/MobileCart.aspx

except the stuff on the bottom where the medical stuff is stored not on the bottem where the wheels the bottem where the keyboard comes out.

I have never heard of Omnicell, This is not the maker of your motherboard. You need to look at the motherboard itself to find the model number which you can then use to find the manufacturer and the BIOS. Why do you want to update your BIOS? unless the update contains a must have feature then why take the risk of bricking your motherboard?.

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

its not a virus, its the bios i am looking for it cause i cannot install vista 7 or 8. so i need a bios update if their is any to be able to recognize the newer OS

A new BIOS won't necessarily allow you to install a later OS on the hard drive connected to the board.

What you need is drivers to do that.

The BIOS just tells the things on the motherboard how to work right like telling the processor how to read the RAM contents and stuff.

It is possible that there are no drivers for your old hardware for Windows 7, in which case you would need new hardware, not a new BIOS.

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011

well when installing 7 it gets to 90 percent and crashes, some times it just crashes at the start up when windows 7 just finished loading from disk. intel has drivers for this chipset, i have already checked. i might just have to intergrate the drivers into the OS, if what you say is true then it will work but if it does not then your advice has failed me.

fpresiado

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
no it stays on. xp installs perfect no problems what so ever. when installing win 8 at the finish of the loading from the dvd it staus on about 1 min then when clicking next it freezes. not even xp x64 bit will work just gives me a bsod screen.

well when installing 7 it gets to 90 percent and crashes, some times it just crashes at the start up when windows 7 just finished loading from disk. intel has drivers for this chipset, i have already checked. i might just have to intergrate the drivers into the OS, if what you say is true then it will work but if it does not then your advice has failed me.

Most Windows 7 install problems are due to memory errors.

no it stays on. xp installs perfect no problems what so ever. when installing win 8 at the finish of the loading from the dvd it staus on about 1 min then when clicking next it freezes. not even xp x64 bit will work just gives me a bsod screen.

Windows 7 is much more demanding of memory than Windows XP. A computer that can run Windows XP without problems can fail on Windows 7 or 8 due to memory issues.

Try increasing the memory voltage or running with only one stick of memory. You could also try running a memory test program such as memtest86 overnight although I have had cases were the memory test passes but replacing the memory to a different manufacturer cures the problem. Also sometimes (back to the original question) a BIOS update may help if the update is for improving the compatibility with various memory modules.

This is actually a very common problem with installing Windows 7 and I have seen it many times before so you are not alone.