Switching out my HAF 912's red power LED for a blue one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hey all, I recently saw a custom 912 with a white light theme.

I like blue. I do not like red. However, while fitted with 3 blue LED fans (side, front, and top), my cool blue motif is marred by the power LED. I know it's a longshot, but does anyone have any experience or idea of how I could go about switching the LED out? Or should I just resign myself to having a red power LED?

jb6684

Distinguished
If your talking about the Red LED on the front panel for power indicator:
- you could add a dot of black paint to cover it....

OR, take the system apart, find a way to remove the LED from it's mounting. It's most likely hot glued in. Then find a replacement LED of the same physical size. Cut the wires off the old one & solder them onto the new LED. Just need to note the + positive lead usually marked by a flat spot on the LED housing.....

If you get it backward, just swap the wires or reverse the way you install the PWRSWITCH connector to the motherboard....

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

...That's way too electrician-y for me. I don't like playing with circuits, I just buy ones that are premade.

Sigh... oh well, no big deal.

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

No, I'm not that crazy about the theming that I would blot it out... I'm also not crazy enough that I'd try messing with circuitry to change something. It is what it is.

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

... Forgive me for my slowness, but what exactly am I looking at here?

Wait a second. I just popped open my case's front, and the LED is NOT soldered onto the front panel. It looks like it's just stuck through a hole. So... will one of these cables be able to connect to a new LED, which I can then glue into that hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.