Closed Solved

I'm considering 2 6850's but concerned about Power Usage

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better)) Around $400

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming(Starcraft 2, Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, and Etc), Browsing, Movies.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: 750 Corsair PSU

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Motherboard would be ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard, 4 Gb of RAM, Intel core I5 750 CPU @ 3.8 GHZ, Right now I'm using a 5770 but Long story short I have to sell it in another system that I've built.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: I wanted to get two HD 6850 Cards but I was concerned about the power usage. I have a 750 Watt PSU

OVERCLOCKING: Crossfire

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 Resolution

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Would like to run most games at 1920x1080 the Primary games I will be playing are listed above.

Thanks in Advanced!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6850 concerned power usage
  1. Best answer
    A 750W unit from corsair will handle them just fine, they need less power than the 5850 which you can run two of on a 750W unit easily, you wont have a problem with 2 6850s on a good 750W unit like you have.
  2. Thanks! I had another question. My motherboard supports Crossfire but not when running SATA 3 and USB 3 do I have to turn them off manually or does it do it for me?? Are there any additional options I have to change to enable Crossfire??
  3. It should turn them off automatically and let you do Crossfire, however your motherboard manual should outline the process and any hurdles you might have to face.
  4. Best answer selected by fatalshot808.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics