Weird Graphics Issue

Hi, i've been having weird graphical glitches in any OS i install. Tried Vista,XP and Windows 7. I've tried switching to a graphics card that's definitely working and still have problems. The graphics cards tried are the Geforce GTX460 and 9600GT. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2. This machine is pretty new, probably a month old only. Also I don't have this problem at all during games, only gives me problems on the desktop,pictures and some videos. Below are two examples of the problem. Thanks

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Zero8/Untitled.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Zero8/Untitled-1-2.jpg
13 answers Last reply
More about weird graphics issue
  1. Are you overclocking?
  2. Not at all, i don't even know how to.
  3. System specs please!
  4. first try the onboard video and see if it's there

then if it isnt, try to use a air blower thing to blow out the pci-e slot, and if it is, try a different monitor.. im great at computers but i think these are good suggestions
  5. My processor doesn't support onboard video. I've tried about 3 different monitors and also tried changing the dvi converter. No luck. I'll try and get some compressed air onto it. The thing is I built it the same way i usually build PC's and it worked well then after a few days this problem started happening.

The sys specs are:
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2
    Gfx Card : Inno3D Geforce GTX460 768mb
    RAM : 2 x Corsair VS2GB1333D3 VALUESELECT 2GB DDR3-1333 1.6v CL9
    CPU : Intel i5-760 Quad Core 2.8GHz
    HDD : 1TB Seagate Barracuda
    PSU : Coolermaster RP-600-PCAR eXtreme power 600w, ATX 12V V2.01
  6. So fishy, try to replace the vga cable itself, with a DVI display cable and if the problem persists try a bios update, and if still no avail, RMA the board.
  7. kikireeki said:
    So fishy, try to replace the vga cable itself, with a DVI display cable and if the problem persists try a bios update, and if still no avail, RMA the board.

i dont think a bios update would help, and " also tried changing the dvi converter" he said

nvm he said converter
  8. Tried switching the vga cable already with no luck. I'll try and do a bios update. I'm willing to try anything right now. I just find it strange that games aren't affected at all.
  9. Also try each one of the ram sticks separately, I know that sounds irrelevant but sometimes ram errors could be that deceiving.
  10. Tried that already, sadly it did nothing.
  11. Just to beat the odds:
    remove the VGA driver by uninstall + Driver Sweeper (http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/) then install the latest driver from Nvidia.com
    and make sure that your chipset drivers are up to date as well before taking any extreme step such as RMA the board.
  12. 3 different OS, 3 monitors, two gpus....

bizarre set of symptoms; tearing only in photos, some movies, yet games are fine....

I'd check all BIOS options pertaining to PCI-express clock speeds, plug/play OS, etc...make sure your MB does not have anything OC'd be default; when in doubt, select 'default" timings vice 'optimal'...

I'd say you are in for a new mb as well, although a truly bizarre/unique set of circumstances exists!
  13. Already tried the driver sweeper and updating the driver. Even tried using a older driver. Gonna try updating the bios later today as well as the chipset drivers.

I've built up a few systems and have never come across a problem like this before.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Systems