Sign in with
Your question

Asus M4N68T-M V2 PCI-E slot wont accept new graphics card

Last response: in Motherboards
November 30, 2011 9:54:01 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but i've been on here off and on when i've had issues. This one's got me good though.

Bought a new mobo combo;

Phenom II X2 545
Asus M4N68T-M V2

Here's the issue. I can't seem to get it to recognize any PCI-E graphic cards.

I've installed an EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb and an ATI Radeon HD 4650.

Both of these cards have proven themselves in another machine that they're both functional. But when they're installed into the Asus M4N68T-M V2, and the system is rebooted, neither of the cards come up in "Display Adapters" it just sits on the IGP on the VGA cable.

I feel like im leaving info out. Ummm.
It's running 3 GB DDR-3
No other cards are in any of the PCI slots.
There is only 1 PCI-E slot
I have checked to make sure both cards seat properly, the rear hook snaps into place and have visually checked its alignment

I don't know what settings i would even need to touch in the BIOS.
PCIPnP setting is set to Yes
Graphics Priorities are set to "PCI-E>PCI>IGP"

Any other info you need please do not hestiate to ask, i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and should be able to respond within the hour of any other responses.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience
Chris
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2011 10:07:57 AM

Did you hook the VGA cable from the monitor to the graphics card?
Or is it still attached to the motherboard?
m
l
November 30, 2011 10:27:40 AM

The graphics card has DVI connectors and 1 S-Video connector. The motherboard has a VGA connector. The monitor has both a VGA and a DVI connector and both are connected. I have disconnected one, and tried with only the DVI, or the VGA, and neither has made a difference.
m
l
December 9, 2011 11:38:17 PM

Still looking for an answer to this one. It's driving me nuts, and i've yet to be able to find anything in regards to it anywhere else.
m
l
Related resources
!