HELP - 8600GT FRAMERATE ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi guys, i'm using the 8600GT. Im a casual gamer so i don't really play any high demand games.

I play games like Call of duty 4, Counter strike source, Titan quest.. things like that, but heres the deal.
About an hour ago my computer crashed randomly, and now i can't play any of those games smoothly. I usually get 60+ fps in COD4, 120+ fps in Css, and 150+ in titan quest.

My PC specs are:

Amd Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.3GHZ
2GB DDR2 RAM @667MHZ
Nvidia Geforce 8600GT DDR2 1GB

If you want more details just ask

It's really frustrating, so any help is appreciated.

G

Neither. It froze, played the gamesound for about a minute, after that i had to restart manually.

G

Yes. It seems to work fine, i don't understand what the problem could be.. Its a brand new pc.

G

Not blank, say in COD4, i'll aim down the sights... then it sticks, freezes then i have to manually restart the pc..

hmm,if it works fine in another PC,then it could be either a driver issue or a problem with one of your components(such as motherboard).
So like 55range mentioned,download the latest VGA drivers and see if it helps

G

I Don't know the model of my motherboard, my pc is HP Compaq, Im using the latest drivers for my graphics card, i updated them this morning to no prevail.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
That could be a bad card. I had my old GTX 280 slowly die, it started freezing and creating purple/green textures in games. It had first started about 1-2 months after I got it, but it was only the textures. After about 5 months it started freezing on me at random times like that. When I first got this new one the symptoms went away, but now I think it's happening to this card about 6-7 months after I got it. It sometimes just happens to be a bad card; it doesn't really matter if it's new or not :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS