What has been the most stable Catalyst driver for Bad Company 2?

I just want to get a sense of what has been the best and/or most stable Catalyst driver for BF: Bad Company 2.

I have tried 10.2,3,4,5 & 6... I am aware that they are currently on 10.10

So far I have stuck with 10.4 and that has proven to be the most stable for me when it comes to BFBC2.

(I am running a single ATi Radeon HD 5770 1GB)
10 answers Last reply
More about what stable catalyst driver company
  1. I voted 10.4! :) nothing wrong with 10.10 though
  2. Thanks :)

I think I will give 10.10 a go this week just for the sake of comparison.
  3. I was confused as to why the poll and thread was locked at first, I guess it wasn't fully done. I like 10.10c, nothing wrong and I do get a bit of extra framerates.
  4. i haven't run into any problems with 10.10 yet
  5. Last night I finally got around to trying out 10.10. My opinion as others hear have said is: 'so far so good'.

The frame rates may be even slightly better, there do not seem to be any idle clock issues (as far as I can see) like with the previous drivers and some of the rough edges I was seeing in shadows seemed to be smoothed out.

One thing I did notice is that my temps, both idle and under load went up slightly, nothing alarming though. I think I will stick with 10.10 for a bit more to test it out.

Another plus for 10.10 is something they fixed in 10.5 and onward: no faded lines when watching dvds. BTW, the fix for that in 10.4 was to turn off dynamic contrast in CCC.
  6. Just an FYI to anyone searching for answers...

I recently updated to 10.11 and I experienced major flickering and other issues running BFBC2. I was using 10.6 with no issues... Now I installed 10.10 and all seems good! :D
  7. rmerwede said:
    Just an FYI to anyone searching for answers...

I recently updated to 10.11 and I experienced major flickering and other issues running BFBC2. I was using 10.6 with no issues... Now I installed 10.10 and all seems good! :D

10.10c seems to be a decent and stable driver. My 5770 seems to stay at good temps as well, although it does get hotter than normal.
  8. Still on 10.5 (from my update to get SC:C working). No issues worth reporting on my 4890.
  9. I have the HD6850 from XFX using the 10.10e Hot fix on Windows 7 64-bit and seems to be fine but I'm still waiting for the the official release of 10.12 Drivers for the HD68xx series.
  10. for me i vote for 10.11 cause my hd 5770 tempetures are below 37.. what a great... Thank guru3d for release that version of driver.. : )
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Catalyst Graphics