Which graphics card is better?

exhail

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
hi i want to know which graphics card is better from these 3 NVIDIA GeFORCE FX5200 256MB, 256 MB DDR Ati Radeon 9000 PCI or this ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI Video card, and will either card run call of duty 4? it doesnt matter if it runs on the lowest of the low settings, i have an IBM think centre it has a 3 ghz pentium 4 and a gig of ram, for some reason it doesnt have an agp slot or a pci express slot, it only has a PCI slot thats why im just looking at PCi cards, dont suggest that i get a new system, i dont care how cheap i can get 1 just tell me which 1 is better and if it can run call of duty 4 with that graphics card, or if tyou could suggest a better PCI card

here are the minimum requirements for call of duty 4

S: XP or Vista
Processor: 2.6ghz Pentium IV or equivalent (3.2ghz recommended for Vista)
RAM: 1024mb (1536mb recommended for Vista)
Video Card: DirectX 9-compliant Shader 3.0 card with 128 MB of DDR Video Memory (256 MB recommended) AGP 8x or PCI-Express x16
Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 9-compliant sound card

DirectX9 for XP and 10 for Vista, 8 gigs HD space + 600mb for swap file.

Supported chipsets:

Nvidia Geforce 6/7/8 series

ATi X800 or higher

According to CoDUtility.com via CharlieOscarDelta.com

i will be getting a new system next year and this will be passed down to my little brother

Recommended and minimum specs from...

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=17802

“Recommended Specs”

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended
RAM: 1GB for XP; 2GB for Vista is recommended
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better
“Required (min) Specs”

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM)
64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Harddrive: 8GB of free hard drive space
Video card (generic): NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better

The two Radeon cards you have are DirectX 8.1 cards so they are out; COD 4 requires a video card that support DirectX 9. That leaves your nVidia FX5200 which is a DirectX 9 card, but DX9 has been poorly implemented in that series and the FX5200 was a low end gaming card in it's day.

At best you will get a slideshow in COD 4 since it is significantly slower than the minimum required video card.

ares1214

Splendid

And its lagging on what appear to be the lowest settings. Let me put it this way. Can you run it? Yes. Will you enjoy it? No. I recommend a much stronger video card.

exhail

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
how will i get a better video card? early next year im getting a new computer, there is going to be a LAN soon and i want to play and currently i have a crap PC, and i can get a 6200LE 256mb for $20, is there any better PCi graphics card?