Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Display Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
November 30, 2011 10:01:03 PM

I recently bought an ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 motherboard and all was working fine until one time when I pressed the power button on the motherboard, and the screen resolution became all screwy (I was grounded when this happened). For example, when I turn on the computer, the portion of the screen that should be in the top left appears in the bottom right of the monitor; This applies to the other corner too. I tried both unplugging the GPU and using the integrated graphics, and also by replacing the RAM. Both resulting unsuccessful, I am now lead to believe that it's the motherboard that is messed up. I'm trying not to pay to RMA it, since it might just be a hardware problem or something shorted out. Any help?
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 30, 2011 10:14:14 PM

I would remount the board, and check for anything underneath when you lift it up.
m
l
November 30, 2011 11:23:26 PM

o1die said:
I would remount the board, and check for anything underneath when you lift it up.

I checked under the motherboard, and everything appeared normal
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 1, 2011 9:53:17 AM

After checking all your monitor connections at the monitor and the motherboard, if the problem persists, then I would rma the board to asrock. If you can't wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement, then order a replacement with the same chipset if you don't want to format your hardrive. Pack the board carefully in the box and bag it came in without any accessories, then place in a slightly larger box for shipping with plenty of foam or other material around it. The board will be inspected for any signs of physical damage, include burning and scraping marks on the circuitry. If asrock finds any, they may reject the rma. Good luck.
m
l
!