Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5710 Display Defect

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 1, 2010 9:11:46 PM

Hi all, I have Acer Aspire 5710 and encountering a problem which you can see in below added link. Display is suddenly turning to black, light is still on after a few seconds white areas are being visible and a few minutes later desktop comes back but there are fluctuations on colors and generally on screen. sometimes it is taking too long time to get back to normal. but at the end it always gets back to normal. I connected the laptop to LCD and arranged to display on both laptop and LCD screens, while it was again happening on laptop screen there was no defect on LCD. and this is not happening in summer! why is it happening? Thanks for your help.

http://www.izlesene.com/video/acer-aspire-5710-display-...
a c 1410 U Graphics card
November 2, 2010 1:29:33 AM

It is not the GPU then it would be the same on the external monitor. It looks like it is the screen itself but a slim chance it is the cable for the screen where it runs through the hinge. That is easily tested by moving the hinge as it is doing this.
m
l
November 2, 2010 4:01:22 PM

Thanks for your reply. Actually I disassembled the screen and touched some random points of cables and made some shaking to test any loose connection, but nothing had happened. But anyway I will try your suggestion.
m
l
!