Cliche title dealt with and what not. I'm trying to build myself a computer after my current one fried itself out on me. I'll be using it for some gaming and basic computer stuff i.e. nothing too demanding and my budget is about £700. I'm quite new to all of this and therefore please do bear with me. So far from doing some research and asking around I've managed to come up with this.
CPU - Intel Core i5 760 2.8GHz (Lynnfield) (Socket LGA1156)
I'm quite honestly at a loss regarding this. Should I wait for the new ones to come out and buy one of those or should I just get an i5 now?
I think this is a pretty choice. If anyone has a cheaper alternetive I would be more than happy to change it.
GPU - Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express
This seems to be a somewhat reliable brand and I've been recommended 460s quite often. Since I have no plans to actually get SLI or anything should I go for a slightly better card to begin with or should I just stick with the 460?
PSU - Corsair TX CMPSU-650TXUK 650W Power Supply
I have absolutely no idea whether this is any good or not. I've been told never to skimp on the PSU. The nvidia site reccomended at least 450W for a 460 but I'd like the PSU to be viable if I decide to upgrade the GPU sometime in the future so this seems like a good choice.
I can most probably wait but VAT is increasing and I would really like to buy at least some of the things before that happens. Will I actually notice that big a difference between an i5 and one of the new ones i.e. as a casual user will it really affect me all that much?
The only 'reasonable' non-cas 9 I have found seems to be Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz CAS 8 Dual Channel but it's 1.65V whereas the one I have in mind at the moment is 1.5V. Isn't the 1.5V a better option?
I was told that if I'm not going for an SLI built right now then it's extremely unlikely that I'll convert it to an SLI built later on, especially if I end up going with a 460.
If I do wait then is there any way I can actually pick up some of the other things before that? Largely due to the VAT increase in a couple of couple of day. That is, could I pick up everything but the mobo and the CPU and pick those up when SB is actually released?
I live in the UK and as far as I can see the one I've linked seems to be the cheapest 1GB 460 from anywhere at the moment . I'm looking at Scan.co.uk, Aria.co.uk and Ebuyer. Ditto for ram.