My alias

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I have a homebuilt PC that has been running reliably (sort of) since 2006, with the following specs:
Windows 7 Pro
Elitegroup KT600-A Motherboard
WinFast A340 T G-Force Fx5200 128mb card
PQI 1 GB PC2100 DDR RAM (MD641GUOE) <-- x2
Unknown 512 MB RAM
HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 HDS728080PLAT20 (0A30210) 80GB 7200 RPM 2MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA133 / ATA-7 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive
I also have a Hanns-G JC199D Flatscreen monitor that has had previous problems with the aforementioned computer.
My problem is, the computer doesn't show anything after a complete shutdown. The CMOS battery is dead, so normally it memory tests. The monitor just shows 'Analog' then a black screen. The other monitor is a e-machine so it shows a message about the monitor working and to check all connections. I have tried a spare graphics card from another computer to no avail. Then, I put the Winfast into the other computer, hooked it up to 2 different monitors, and it worked! The JC199D has been tested with both a Chrome OS laptop as well as a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 home edition. The other monitor has worked reliably for well over 5 years. This problem has occurred before, but I have no memory of what I did.

Thanks in advance,

'Joe Diggurm'

My alias

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
After a total poweroff (Turning off the comp, powerstrip) the monitor doesn't seem to be receiving anything from the computer when I turn it on. It just shows 'Analog', a green light, then back to a orange light. Normally, when it is receiving something, it will show a green light and the memory test, windows logo, etc. I believe the computer is booting up, but am not sure. Could be the motherboard, graphics card... anything!