PSU for Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

apo1397

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
Hello Everyone !!! I M GOING 2 BUY A DELL INSPIRON 580 WITH CORE I5-760 @ 2.8GHZ, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, AND I WANT TO CHANGE THE GRAPHICS CARD FROM NVIDIA GEFORCE TO ANY OF THESE : NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500GT, ATI RADEON 4650, RADEON 4670, RADEON 5450. AND BTW I HAVE A 300 WATTS PSU ( i know its not enough) WICH I WANT TO CHANGE TO ANY ONE OF THESE:
http://www.deltapage.com/products.php?product=Cooler-Master-PSU%28SMPS%29-Extreme-Power-Series-500
http://www.deltapage.com/products.php?product=Cooler-Master-PSU%28SMPS%29-Extreme-Power-Series-460
( i would like to go with the cheaper one i.e the second one ... i live in india :wahoo: )
the stated watts required to run them is 400 watts
and wat is this 12v rail ? the cards mentioned above can run on both of these even though they hav not that much amps on the 12v rail ( i think so not sure cuz i dont know anything)
thanx in advance !!! and can u tell me wat r all the connectors or the total number of connectors to see that they all are there !

Solution
All that cards aren't required an extra power (6 pin power connector), so any 300W PSU can handle all of them just fine.
If you need more power or PSU not provides enough power then your motherboard is just make "beeps" sound when it boot...
Yes, you can OC them BUT only a little. Those cards aren't designed for OC'ing, so no matter how far you push those cards, you will see a "little" performance increase...

apo1397

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010

if it doesnt work then how do u know that its not working ? does the computer stop or sumthing else and will they be underpowered and can i overclock them??

All that cards aren't required an extra power (6 pin power connector), so any 300W PSU can handle all of them just fine.
If you need more power or PSU not provides enough power then your motherboard is just make "beeps" sound when it boot...
Yes, you can OC them BUT only a little. Those cards aren't designed for OC'ing, so no matter how far you push those cards, you will see a "little" performance increase...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.