Motherboard indicating Memory Error

harsh324

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
My motherboard LEDs (Biostar TP43D2-A7) are indicating (LED1 is lit and LED2 is not) Memory Failure. I took out all the RAM and Video Card, powered up the PC and still got the error. Does it give an error if video card or RAM is not detected? My PC was fine until yesterday when I took out my bad Hard Drive that was failing (according to SeaGate tools), after this I wouldn't receive any video and noticed that Motherboard is reporting Memory Failure.

Do I have a bad Motherboard? Should I even try to disconnect and then reconnect everything or is that not worth it?

Appreciate any help.

harsh324

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

I am assuming that means I won't get any video. I had my hard drive, mouse and keyboard plugged in. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, that shouldn't be a problem, correct?

Unplug everything except for 1 stick of RAM, the video card and a keyboard.

Turn the computer on and see if it will POST, and try to get into the BIOS.

Also, while everything is apart get a can of compressed air and blow out the slots for the RAM, as well as the rest of the computer.

Once you get it to POST with 1 stick of RAM, switch it for the other. If you can get it to POST, put both in.

harsh324

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Problem resolved. Not sure what happened but it started to work after I put the memory in one by one. I didn't find anything bad. The video issue is still concerning, it is working now but when I shift my PC to vertical position it doesn't display video. something might be flaky. Everything is working right now.