Limited or no connectivity after upgrading to Kaspersky 2011

viclaw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hello,

I was wondering wheather anyone can help. I have a Netgrear router which is connected to my Vista desktop, Vista laptop, and XP laptop. Both laptops connected wirelessly.

All was working fine before I upgraded from Kaspersky 2009 to 2011. Since the upgrade my Vista laptop has suffered from "Limited or no connectivity" meaning I cannot get onto the internet and plugging it in directly does not work either.

I've tried turning off the firewall and the Kaspersky filter and that has not worked.

I've used command prompt to check whether it is connected and the ping comes back as 100% loss which means that it is not connected.

However, I am able to connect to other wireless networks which is strange and my other XP laptop which had the same problems has cured itself.

I can provide screen shots if needed. Would be grateful if anyone can help.

Many thanks

Vic

viclaw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't uninstalled Kaspersky yet as I thought I run some other tests.

My laptop has actually connected the day after I posted the original post then didn't connect the day after and connected again the day after that.

But wouldn't uninstalling Kaspersky be unsafe as if I managed to connect to the internet again my laptop will be vunerable to attack.

Do you know of any other reasons that this problem might occur?

Thanks

Victor

optimusprime619

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
suggestions on the limited or no connectivity: try clearing the preferred network list of wifi that you have previously connected to hopefully you know your wireless key when you reconnect to the network in your laptop..this has happened a few times with netgear and vista...double check the antivirus console to ensure that network is added as trusted ...try connecting to a free public hotspot to ensure the wifi card in laptop is fine though seems less preferred in your scenario...if a public wifi can't help u either check for a wifi card driver upgrade or u might wanna check with ur laptop vendor for help...possibilites of using a static ip in your laptop especially when u connect 2 office networks with their credentials also evokes this message in vista...though some/most of these might seem overkill i believe they might help solve the issue...

viclaw

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for the reply guys. Really appreciate the help.

After much testing I think it was the router that is mess up as it seems to prefer one laptop over the other. Strange.

I think I'll just have to get another router.

Thanks anyway.

Vic

TRENDING THREADS