Sign in with
Your question

Blue screen (cache) problem !!

Last response: in CPUs
March 26, 2011 9:58:25 PM

hey people

my pc build a year in is blue screening (cache) wen it wants, before i sed it seemed to happen under load but not now i had 1 on boot this morning. now sometimes wen i boot it wont go past post i just get a black screen with a little line in top left corner flashing. now before u say ram iv already memtested it several times over night and no errors and trust me every mb was tested. iv tested for malware probs nothing there!

Specs : MOBO gigabyte ga-m720-us3
CPU phenom x2 b.e 550
RAM dominator 1066 4x1gb
GPU gigabyte gtx 460 gddr5
PSU ezecool 800w

it seems to all start wen i upgraded my graphics, my nb temps defo went up wen i installed my new card, i have ALL new updated drivers for everything. it could be my psu but how can i test that ? it also could be my cpu iv stress tested that and no crash. i have no temp probs everything sits under 35 except nb that can hit 60 wen gaming,temp alarms off. any ideas please and any questions let me know. thx guys.
a b à CPUs
March 27, 2011 2:45:55 AM

Might be tha PSU but what RAM exactly do you have? Many dominators need more voltage than the mobo give them on auto so you might have to set it manually. Try with one stick too.
Related resources
March 28, 2011 9:57:25 AM

hey mosox sorry mate yeh i know about the voltage, i manually set my timings 5-5-5-15 2.1v and i pushed the voltage up to 2.2v which makes no difference iv tried every stick on its own and no crashes, iv really tested my ram hard for a while now and no problems. iv been playings assassins creed brotherhood on high for the last couple of days and nearly finished it with no blue screen, i dont think it happens under load just wen it wants. any more ideas please let me know. thx guys.
March 29, 2011 9:09:09 AM

brilliant cheers bro will get back to to as soon as :) 
a b à CPUs
April 5, 2011 5:37:34 PM

Could be anything, tell me if you still have problems next time after you reinstall the OS.
April 5, 2011 7:13:33 PM

mosox said:
Could be anything, tell me if you still have problems next time after you reinstall the OS.

i already reinstalled right after we last spoke and iv had nothing til now thinking it was a malware prob. My 1st 500gb hdd iv partitioned 100GB for my os and the rest data do u think thats big enough for 7 64 ?? it cud be the prob, i installed a game dis morning to my C drive instead of to my games on the 2nd partion by accident. i rekon another reinstall shud be done and prob give windows 250gb wot do u rekon ?

cheers mate .
a b à CPUs
April 6, 2011 2:22:25 AM

No problem, keep the installation, 100GB is fine. Even overkill if you keep your games on some other partition. Make a restore point now.
!