Longest game?

I have just hit my longest game and still going at turn136. I have had
a drop outs (I had 5 different Rebel allies which was a big pain)
Most of the original players are still there, and the host has been
great (Echocluster).
What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
out there.

I won one at Rcworld (great Host) at Turn 147.... but this wasnt the longest
one. I still recall one around Turn 180 in the mid 90's Fido-Times but there
is no database available.

* Glo8al <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:

> What is your longest game?

'Fightclub' "http://blutmagie.de/~hschlen/Games/Fightclub/results/":
204 turns

Regards, Heiko

Currenty have one running still on my site, turn 171....

Ed

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:14:43 +1100, Glo8al <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
>out there.

I'm in a game at turn #153 at High Command... there is no near end in sight, the
powers in the game are pretty evenly balanced right now. I have no doubt the
game will be well over 200 or even 250 before it reaches a conclusion.

We have 8 active players in the game, a couple were replacement players
(including me, joining around turn #50)... 1 race extinct, 2 under computer
control and almost extinct.

There are 2 major alliances in the game, and I think there is a 3rd one in there
but not sure of that.

I think when this game finally concludes, it will be the longest running game
I've played. There is only 1 other game I've played that lasted longer than the
#153 we're at right now, and I think that went to around 170 to 180.

-- Smoovious
-- Resurrecting The Imperium

Glo8al wrote:

> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
> out there.

I think it was the Wintergame III at the old Spaceport Hamburg. I took
over Tholian in turn 70 or so. It was one of the very first host999
games out there and it was a massive Universe. At first I helped Feds
to kill Birds (Birds finally went down with close to 200 priority
points!), then I went after the Rebels and after the Empire to finally
wage war on the Lizards, who had close to 500 Ships.
It ended around turn 240 with the Lizard giving up.

Matthias

Forgot to mention another one I have running at Turn 192.

Ed

Long ago when I was a newbie to the game, we had one go 286 turns.
Fortunately we played daily.

Syythlord.

"Glo8al" <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just hit my longest game and still going at turn136. I have had
> a drop outs (I had 5 different Rebel allies which was a big pain)
> Most of the original players are still there, and the host has been
> great (Echocluster).
> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
> out there.

How many (if any) mistakes did you make during the game? I've noticed
that I've done a few stupid mistakes during this game (now 138). Been
changing the way I play to minimize this. I use JVC client and found
it has helped (notes, markers etc).

i just found a game at robomaster: Game 548 completed after 301 turns,
on 26 Feb 2002

there seem to have been 7 active parties at that point of time...

i played a game from turn 90 to turn 203 at robomaster. i took over
birdmen that were at 8th rank and were sourrounded by 4 aggressive
players.when i took over i had 2 d`deridex and 10 resolutes no
swifthearts. i took them up to rank 3. cranked up economy massivly, got
10 planets to 6,6 mio birdmen, 13 deridex 20 resolutes and 25
swifties...then i got crushed between robos and evil empire. the robos
were blocking the queue, only building ships for 1 PBP and me needing 3
- 4 deridexes to kill a golem or gorbie, i was chancless as i was
inmidst the evil empire and the robos. it was a no ally game.

i just found a game at robomaster: Game 548 completed after 301 turns,
on 26 Feb 2002

there seem to have been 7 active parties at that point of time...

i played a game from turn 90 to turn 203 at robomaster. i took over
birdmen that were at 8th rank and were sourrounded by 4 aggressive
players.when i took over i had 2 d`deridex and 10 resolutes no
swifthearts. i took them up to rank 3. cranked up economy massivly, got
10 planets to 6,6 mio birdmen, 13 deridex 20 resolutes and 25
swifties...then i got crushed between robos and evil empire. the robos
were blocking the queue, only building ships for 1 PBP and me needing 3
- 4 deridexes to kill a golem or gorbie, i was chancless as i was
inmidst the evil empire and the robos. it was a no ally game.

"Glo8al" <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
> out there.

Game 4 at Robomaster ran 345 turns, it was one of the originals.

I inherited game 870 from a player/host who had no time to host. i think
he had no time to play as it never advanced a single turn. It was, and is
still, at turn 381.

Don

Don Friesen <don@robo.ca> writes

>"Glo8al" <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
>> out there.
>
> Game 4 at Robomaster ran 345 turns, it was one of the originals.

Are such long games fun games? Do they evolve into new areas of gaming,
like more intense diplomacy, or does fighting still go on? It seems
strange that a game could remain balanced militarily so long. Or were
these games simply full of people who switched sides as soon as they saw
a rival "ally" winning?
--
Paul Honigmann

Game 871 at Robomaster is at turn 381.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 23:10:07 +0000, KlingonKommand <Paul@nurk.fnord>
wrote:

>Don Friesen <don@robo.ca> writes
>>
>>"Glo8al" <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
>>> out there.
>>
>> Game 4 at Robomaster ran 345 turns, it was one of the originals.
>
>Are such long games fun games? Do they evolve into new areas of gaming,
>like more intense diplomacy, or does fighting still go on? It seems
>strange that a game could remain balanced militarily so long. Or were
>these games simply full of people who switched sides as soon as they saw
>a rival "ally" winning?

I'd have to say in my longest game it was because we were all beginners...
and there was a lot of politics going on, and we were all pretty much
learning, and trying to teach some of the others that weren't picking it up
as quickly.

"KlingonKommand" <Paul@nurk.fnord> wrote in message
> Don Friesen <don@robo.ca> writes
>>
>>"Glo8al" <glo8alNO@SPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
>>> out there.
>>
>> Game 4 at Robomaster ran 345 turns, it was one of the originals.
>
> Are such long games fun games? Do they evolve into new areas of gaming,
> like more intense diplomacy, or does fighting still go on? It seems
> strange that a game could remain balanced militarily so long. Or were
> these games simply full of people who switched sides as soon as they saw a
> rival "ally" winning?
> --
> Paul Honigmann

>>> What is your longest game? I'm sure there have been some long games
>>> out there.
>>
>> Game 4 at Robomaster ran 345 turns, it was one of the originals.
>
>Are such long games fun games? Do they evolve into new areas of gaming,
>like more intense diplomacy, or does fighting still go on? It seems
>strange that a game could remain balanced militarily so long. Or were
>these games simply full of people who switched sides as soon as they saw
>a rival "ally" winning?

Well my longest game finished @170
It started with the usual diplomacy, setting up borders, building and
getting everything going. The fighting then starts, but I lost my ally
early (he quit) then got a replacement player how also quit after 5
turns, then a new player quit after another 7 turns. I ended up
killing my ally race so no one else could take them and quit. Then the
big battle started with the Robots, which I was hoping to ally with,
but he started to attack as soon as he saw me. I was the Colonies, so
his mines didn't last long, but as I was laying mines, his advancing
ships were getting damaged before we fought which helped as his Golems
were stronger. Finally go on top of him and he quit, which was around
turn 160 the battle started at turn 50.

KlingonKommand schrieb:
> Are such long games fun games? Do they evolve into new areas of gaming,
> like more intense diplomacy, or does fighting still go on? It seems
> strange that a game could remain balanced militarily so long. Or were
> these games simply full of people who switched sides as soon as they saw
> a rival "ally" winning?

My longest is still running - turn 181 at the moment.
It is a very challenging game of me (Colonies) and Rebels (not a good
combination, but you can't always choose your allies) versus a Priv-Liz
alliance.

The Priv-Liz steals the heavy carriers and let them fight under Liz
command. To balance, we have absolute minefield superiority, economical
superiority and can rebuild the heavy hitters, whereas the Liz-Priv cannot.
Also there's a nearly inactive Crystal and a equally inactive Fascist
around. The fascist helped by delivering some poppers to us, which also
was helpful against the 150%-carriers...

And the game is far from over. We are advancing, but slowly...

Kai
--
www.cornrelius.de - the VGA Planets War Academy

TRENDING THREADS