Almost done designing my first PC, I need your final verdict please

anotherera

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I have been using Reddit and Sweclockers.se for input on desiging my first PC and they have been more than helpful. However, with any internet based input I have to deal with both people not understanding exactly what i need as well as finding a general consensus on what I should get. That being said, this is what I have come up with.

-MSI 870A-G54 AM3

-1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ

-Fractal Design Integra 500W

-AMD Phenom2 X4
or
AMD Athlon II x4

-Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) Value Select DDR3 1333MHz

-PowerColor Radeon HD5770 1GB
or
Nvidia GTX 460 1GB

Silverstone PS05B Precision Svart

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/86-stationara-datorer-koprad/977792-american-malmo-needs-help-building-first-desktop-please/index2.html#post10661550

Now here is where your expertise comes in. I really need impartial input on this. I dont game too often, or require too much out of the settings, however, I would like to be able to play crysis2 when it comes out. I am using this as a benchmark and as long as i can play it on low i will be happy. Other than that I care most about dual monitors, everything running smoothly, and not feeling too limited in the scope of the build.

So here is the question, DO I REALLY NEED ALL OF THIS FOR MY NEEDS? Is there fat that can be trimmed for my specific needs or is this solid as it is?
I just feel like the phenom x4 and the gtx 460 are a little overkill, but I keep getting told that they arent.

I appreciate any help you can give.

PSU pick a better brand Corsair, Antec or Seasonic would be my first recommendation. For a single card setup a 450-550watt is a good size. HD5770 is a good GPU but if your monitor is 1920x1080 I suggest a step higher GTX460 or HD6850. If you only game occasionally then I would go with the Athlon II X4.

Neurosis

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
I suggest you go for the EVGA GTX 460 SOC, that card will do you well
yeah and defiantly go for a larger power supply like a cooler master GX 650

I dont know how much your case will cost, but investing in a good case is wise
so a Coolermaster RC-692-KKN1 CM690 II. I think that's a similar price range :)

Neurosis

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
Oh and Crysis 2 will require less from your PC that the 1st one, but look way better
Crytek have put alot of effort into the new Crytek engine 3

TRENDING THREADS