* AMD athlon 2 x4 635 (2.9ghz)
* MSI p45 motherboard.
* 2x2gb 1333mhz ddr3 kingston ram
* 500 gb seagate 7200rpm HDD.
* sapphire 1gb HD5750
* lg dvd writer.
* Cooler master elite 310 casing.
* Zebronics Platinum 500W PSU.

On the first day, it worked fine, except for once or twice when the comp froze while i was browsing the net. Nothing worked not even the task manager etc. so i had to reset it twice. Then, on the 2nd day, the computer refused to start. I opened the case and didn't see any lights or anything on the motherboard, despite the computer being powered. So i took it to the person who sold it to me, and it started fine there. he told me there was a problem with the power cord, and gave me a replacement. After i got home it worked fine, until i started playing world of warcraft. ( was playing at very low settings and a low resolution which shouldnt strain this GPU)

Then , suddenly it crashed while i was playing it. This happened two times. so i shut it down for a while. Now when i try to power it up, it refuses to turn on. no lights, no fan, not even the motherboard light can be seen.

hope you'll can help me with this issue.

More about : strange issues plague desktop

January 2, 2011 1:35:36 PM

Number 1 suspect is the power supply...

ALways better to have 150-200 watts to spare, than to run a 500 watt unit at 85% of it's capacity...

Get an OCz/Corsair 650 watt unit....
m
l
January 2, 2011 2:25:58 PM

^I agree that is a pos power supply, however if you get a quality unit from a reputable brand a 400w psu would be plenty for that system.
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2011 1:14:55 PM

oh ok. thanks a lot for the quick response, i will try asking my dealer to replace the PSU. and also, recently when i was playing world of warcraft at very low settings on this desktop ( once i got it to start). it crashed, and when the comp rebooted, i got a Hypertransport sync flood error message.Wondering if this confirms the PSU suspicion .

a bit of googling suggested that it was perhaps due to low voltage provided to the RAM. Also, i have not overclocked any part of the computer, everything is at stock speeds.

m
l
January 3, 2011 1:46:16 PM

A bad psu gives all sorts of weird errors. It does still sound like the psu to me.
m
l
January 4, 2011 12:58:18 AM

ok, will try Replacing the PSU with a Corsair 650w today.

and btw here's a screenshot of speedfan showing the voltages and temp's in case it helps.

m
l
!