Sign in with
Your question

CPU Cooler recommendation for i5 760?

Last response: in CPUs
March 27, 2011 11:51:26 AM

Hi folks. I"m having some overheat problems with my stock cooler with my i5 760 when I'm encoding video. Can someone recommend a sub $40 cooler that is good and somewhat quiet? Thanks.
a b à CPUs
March 27, 2011 12:07:25 PM

Coolermaster Hyper212+
Antec Kuhler Flow
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 27, 2011 12:21:55 PM

Hyper 212+
m
l
Related resources
March 27, 2011 12:27:02 PM

It looks like the 212 is a great product however, is there something with a little less installation? I've never installed a fan outside of a stock fan and this looks like an ordeal to install. No?
m
l
March 27, 2011 12:29:58 PM

Its not that bad really but I have a cutout in my case that allows me access to the back-side of the mobo so I didn't have to remove it. If you don't have the cutout you will have to remove the mobo for install....
m
l
March 27, 2011 12:31:38 PM

majin ssj eric said:
Its not that bad really but I have a cutout in my case that allows me access to the back-side of the mobo so I didn't have to remove it. If you don't have the cutout you will have to remove the mobo for install....

Right I just looked. There is a cutout but apparently my board wasn't what they had in mind. I only have access to two of the mounting screws and I'm not taking this thing apart today. I need something that mounts from the front only. Thanks.
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 27, 2011 12:35:04 PM

fuzzyreets said:
Right I just looked. There is a cutout but apparently my board wasn't what they had in mind. I only have access to two of the mounting screws and I'm not taking this thing apart today. I need something that mounts from the front only. Thanks.

Water cooling? Don't buy Corsair.
m
l
!