GTX 470 Stuttering

SoulflyTribe

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Hi

I recently upgraded my gfx card to a asus gtx 470 but since I have had it the games I play at the moment run ok but have some serious fps issues when the action ingame is intense.Im playing WoW and MoH and am not happy with the fps I have got all the latest drivers and even updated my BIOS but no luck its still the same my current specs are:

AMD Phenom(TM) II X4 955 Processor 3.20GHZ (Motherboard ASUS M4N78)
4.00GB RAM
ASUS ENGTX 470 1280MB GDDR5
PSU 450w

I have have asked many of friends that are in IT but none can give me a solution.Please help me! :(

SoulflyTribe

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Ah sorry about that on the PSU I have currently it says : FSP Group Inc, Model no. FSP450-60APN hope that helps...Im at my wits end coz according to a friend of mine my system benches high but its not performing well at all :( So any input or help will be much apprciated!

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
wow has issues of its own.. in dalaran with my 460@920mhz its at 40% gpu load and under 50% cpu load but the frame rate varies from 60 to 23

Thats also a very small power supply for that card. esp if its a generic one it might only be good for 300 watts or so.

SoulflyTribe

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
So you think a bigger psu would sort the prob,coz Im also getting bad fps in Medal of honour,I read that the gtx 470 requires a 550w but at the time didnt know what psu I had...but Im willing to purchase a new psu if required but only if thats almost a sure solution.Thanx for the reply tho.

lyphe

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Few things you can check:

1) Ensure DX11 is enabled. Blizz recently added support for this in the game as of patch 4.01. Cards such as yours benefiit from it and should see an immediate improvement in FPS and a smoothing out of gameplay. I have a gtx480 and noticed a difference after enabling it. Here is a link on how to enable:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27401645627&sid=1

2) Check your shadow settings. The UI will recommend running them on ultra due to your card's capabilities - but it'll suck the life out of your gameplay. Run your shadows on "fair" and you'll love life. Shadows are probably the most demanding effect in the game.

3) And of course, hit nvidia to ensure that you have the latest drivers. They've dropped some new drivers out very recently that are all designed to improve gameplay.

Hope this helps!