Anyone help me with Epson R300 Photo printer please?

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 25, 2005 2:44:56 AM

Hi

Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo from
my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc, but
i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Thanks
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 3:17:31 AM

Portrait / Landscape incorrect selection
"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo
> from
> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,
> but
> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!
>
> Thanks

January 29, 2005 12:40:34 PM

Sally wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo from
> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc, but
> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Set the image size don't resample though.
Related resources
January 29, 2005 7:17:04 PM

"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo
from
> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,
but
> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!
>
> Thanks

Have you cropped the picture at 6x4? You didn't say what program you're
printing from, but if you leave it up to the software to crop 6x4 from a
picture that's an entirely different resolution/ratio, it will crop
indiscriminately and leave you with only a portion of the picture. I always
crop to the exact size I plan to print. Leave as little up to the
discretion of the software as possible.

jakesnake
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:47:38 PM

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:17:04 GMT, "Jake" <jake@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Sally" <noone@nosuchplace.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo
>from
>> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,
>but
>> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
>> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
>> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>Have you cropped the picture at 6x4? You didn't say what program you're
>printing from, but if you leave it up to the software to crop 6x4 from a
>picture that's an entirely different resolution/ratio, it will crop
>indiscriminately and leave you with only a portion of the picture. I always
>crop to the exact size I plan to print. Leave as little up to the
>discretion of the software as possible.
>
>jakesnake

Make sure you are putting the paper in the printer in the "portrait"
position (length wise)

Robert Strom
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:11:23 PM

>>> Just brought this printer and i am trying desperately to print a photo
>>from
>>> my computer. Have everything connected ok, installed all software etc,
>>but
>>> i am putting in 6x4 glossy paper and choosing 6x4 size on the software but
>>> the dam thing is printing half of the picture, what am i doing wrong, any
>>> suggestions for a complete newbie and printing photo's.!

Besides the cropping question which is the most likely answer, are your images
in landscape mode while your printer is set on Portrait? That'll cause
problems also.
Lynn
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:49:12 AM

Choose 4x6 and put the paper in vertical and then if you want 6x4 print
it in landscape.

!