Help needed, Z68XP-UD4 vs. Z68X-UD5-B3

Hello, I'm pretty new around building PC's, so I don't know a lot about motherboards, graphics, etc.. I'm building a PC from the ground up, for gaming, and I got a little question, what motherboard is better:

1). Z68XP-UD4
2). Z68X-UD5-B3

What mobo will be better for:

A). Overclocking (CPU, Video card)
B). SLI\Crossfire mode
C). What mobo got better features

Why am I asking this? because I want to generally know whats better, and, I'm on a budget...

If you need to know what components I'm getting besides the mobo, click on the spoiler.
CPU: i7 2600k
Cooling: Scythe Ninja 3
Memory: 4X4GB Corsair Vengeance White Low Profile
HDD: WD 500GB Caviar Black
Video card: Gigabyte GTX 580 3GB (Planing to get the second one in a few months)
PSU: Antec High Currebt Gamer 900w
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

Thanks for your help :D
7 answers Last reply
More about help needed z68xp z68x
  1. ud4 has integrated graphics on board and Intel® Smart Response Technology while ud5 have don't.otherwise there is no difference i would say go with ud4.
  2. Mhm, UD4 is a little better than the UD5, but is the B3 (Fixed SATA) applies on the Z68XP-UD4 too?...

And one more question, is the p8z68-v PRO Gen3 better/same/worse than the Z68XP-UD4...?
  3. well, asus is much better option in speed wise,overclocking,in built bluetooth.
  4. And both of them will be able to use the new Ivy Bridge (22nm processor) that will be out in a few month?
  5. no, they doesn't support ivy bridge however it has LGA 2011 means it has 2011 number of pins while sandy bridge has LGA 1155 so it uses 1155 pins.
    i recommend you asus z68 v-pro.
  6. Mhm.....
    So, the ASUS mobo for me :D

Ohh, and the PCI-E 3.0, will it run the gt 580 3GB better than the normal PCI-E 2.0 (The price range between tham isn't so high, but I'm on a budget ... xD)
  7. no need to get the pci-e 3.0 gtx 580 works on it fine but as pci-2.0 however the card has interface 2.0.so it will run on it's native performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards