Can't decide on new GPU??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brachen33

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
Specs on my machine:

CPU: AMD phenom 955 black edition (not Oc'ed)
Mobo: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Current Video card: Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT
PSU: Antec Earthwatt 750
HDD: meh... not sure sure but it's not too old.... and I still have plenty of room

Price Range: $150 to $175

Purchase Date: would be sometime in the next 3 weeks.... I have the cash now but I'm not in any hurry.

Usage: Mostly WOW..... I know it doesn't have the high end graphic requirements but I'm pissed when I look at buddies screens and my graphics just aren't there.... With
a decent machine I'd possibly like to try out a few other games.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I'd prefer Newegg because that is what I'm comfortable with and I felt like I ran away with some good deals building my new machine.

Overclocking: Couldn't tell you the first thing about OC'ing a video card : / and don't have much interest for Xfire or SLI.

I've read the last couple days about some good deals on some of the Radeon 5770 and gtx 460's? But I honestly don't know much of the difference between them... I really just want a better video card before the release of cataclysm on Dec 7. I've also read to hold out until the next generation of cards is released because I could snag a better deal on some of the current ones out there? Basically, what card should I get? and should I get it now? I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me....

brachen33

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
Sold..... Thank you for the help... read several reviews on those boards and for the price sounds very reasonable.... I think I'll wait til they get more of those asus boards in stock though ..... they got the best reviews.... Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.