/ Sign-up
Your question

Can you send composite video to a PC over 802.11?

  • Video
  • Connection
  • Products
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 5, 2004 10:27:19 PM

I've seen products that can be used to send video / pictures from a PC to a TV over a wireless connection but is anyone aware of anything that allows you to do the reverse?

I want to capture composite video and broadcast it over 802.11 to my laptop to watch it on-screen as a stream. Is anyone aware of a product that allows this?

More about : send composite video 802

December 8, 2004 11:29:30 AM

Well you'd need a capture device. That's a given. So TV to capture device that has an ethernet port. Then from that port, cat5 to a workgroup bridge. Something like the WET11 or WET54 although most SOHO AP's have this functionality as well. Then from there, wirelessly to the parent AP, which would connect to your wired LAN, either via a switch/hub or directly to your PC.