9800gtx+

Status
Not open for further replies.

skunkone

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
currently running a 8600gt and looking to get a better card, i could get a 9800gtx+ for $50 or a 5670 for $80, anybody ever make an upgrade like this or use either of these cards? which might be better?

thanks.

oh and i checked the hierarchy and neither of those cards are on the list, and i did the gpu review and i can't understand all the specs.

skunkone

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
@rolli-yeah newer tech, but reviews show your right about performance

@ct-the price is nice for sure, and my psu leaves me with doubts, but your right, either card would be a sweet upgrade.

@frizzo- i'm running a Thermaltake TR2 430w, 2 +12V Rails, but only 14&15amps each. and i'm already running 5 hard drives that i need to dump onto a 1tb drive eventually. I'm due for a psu upgrade, and if i need to get a new one i can and will.

skunkone

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
@ct1615-yeah i was bummed after buying it to find out about the rails and power lies. there have been so many bad reviews on it, i've literally just been waiting for it to die on me to get me to buy another one. i've had it since 7/6/2007 and it still keeps on trucking running those 5 drives (3 pata&2sata), 1 optical drive. it's really loud and old so yeah it's time to upgrade for sure. i had my eye on that same corsair one you linked for some time now, they seem to have a solid rep and reliability, but i'd like to go modular for a cleaner case, but i'm pretty sure i can keep it neat and tidy with sleeved like i got now, thanks for the reco g

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

DVI vs HDMI the only difference is integral audio signals in the HDMI. You can use a HDMI to DVI adaptor for the GPU out or get a DVI/HDMI cable that is DVI on one end and HDMI on the other. Then use the audio out from the motherboard and external speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.