Sign in with
Your question

Deleted Drivers, all my displays won't work....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 3, 2010 5:11:01 AM

I used driver sweeper to delete the leftover traces of ATI drivers from my system. I've done it a hundred times and everytime it reverts to my motherboards integrated graphics on reboot.

Well, this time it didnt and now I have no image on all 3 of the displays I have here. What can I do about this?? I can't believe it's doing this. :fou:  :fou: 
November 3, 2010 6:31:41 AM

Remove your CMOS battery on the motherboard for about 10 minutes. Plug in one monitor in the integrated slot only.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 3, 2010 7:17:52 AM

Don't do anything with bios battery.

I think he (The OP) doesn't want his IGP to be on, he only wants to use the PCIe GPU with the multi monitor setup he has going.

Just display the onboard Video thru the BIOS and you'll have the displays working.
Or change the order in the bios if you can't disable it, to
PCIe first then IGP or Onboard....
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2010 7:56:57 AM

alyoshka said:
Don't do anything with bios battery.

I think he (The OP) doesn't want his IGP to be on, he only wants to use the PCIe GPU with the multi monitor setup he has going.

Just display the onboard Video thru the BIOS and you'll have the displays working.
Or change the order in the bios if you can't disable it, to
PCIe first then IGP or Onboard....

How is he going to access BIOS if he has no display? Like the OP said, he's done this a hundred times and he's EXPECTING the integrated graphics to work. He never said he didn't want it to. Removing the CMOS will simply reset the BIOS. There's no harm to that. Just simply configure your settings after.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 3, 2010 8:08:09 AM

"I used driver sweeper to delete the leftover traces of ATI drivers from my system"

"He's done this" means he's used driver sweeper a hundred times...... :)  Read the question properly inclusive of full stops.....

"I've done it a hundred times and everytime it reverts to my motherboards integrated graphics on reboot. "

That's his problem, it reverting back to the IGP......

"Well, this time it didnt and now I have no image on all 3 of the displays I have here."

Now he's messed the BIOS setting and his display is connected to the wrong port.... thus no display......

And if people find it difficult to believe, I don't believe there is a Mobo in the Market that supports 3 Displays.... 2 is the max I have see so far....
m
l
November 3, 2010 8:18:40 AM

"I've done it a hundred times and everytime it reverts to my motherboards intergrated graphics on reboot."

This is NOT the problem. He's saying that he does driver sweeping a lot and everytime he does it, he is able to get a display on the IGP. But this time around, there is no display AT ALL. You're interpreting it differently, not me.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 3, 2010 8:29:52 AM

Whatever................. you're welcome to solve his problem, since you're mind reading is better than my English.... :) 
m
l
November 3, 2010 5:18:18 PM

skolpo said:
Remove your CMOS battery on the motherboard for about 10 minutes. Plug in one monitor in the integrated slot only.

^ Do this (Pull the plug from the wall before pulling the battery, and press the case power on button a few times after pulling the battery to drain the psu before you go grab a cup of coffee.)

Then load BIOS defaults and save. Then make sure your BIOS setting indicates which graphics to use, integrated or PCIe. Then save, exit.

If you chose integrated graphics, just let it boot up. If you chose PCIE, shut down, connect your vid cable to a graphics card, and reboot.

m
l
November 3, 2010 6:19:18 PM

Ok I'll try your suggestions. But to clear things up,I'm not saying I'm using 3 displays at once. I'm trying 3 different displays and all 3 aren't displaying anything.

I've done that thing where you turn off the PSU and press the power button a few times but that did nothing. The problem is I can't get an image so it's hard to even use some of your suggestions.
m
l
November 3, 2010 6:23:11 PM

Removing the CMOS battery is your next option. Like twoboxer said, turn off your PSU, unplug the power cable, and then remove the CMOS battery. Keep it out for at least 2 minutes. This will reset your BIOS settings and hopefully have the computer detect your onboard graphics as the primary graphics so you can use that to get a display.
m
l
November 3, 2010 6:29:11 PM

Ok Ill try that. It's just odd how this is happening. Everytime I did this it's never been a problem. My GPU (xfx 4870) has the ability to switch to the onboard graphics when no drivers are available. So I never even had to plug anything into my motherboard. This is all very strange......
m
l
November 3, 2010 6:39:14 PM

Strange things always happen with computers =p. Without them, forums like these would never exist!
m
l
November 3, 2010 7:05:46 PM

Well, I just took out the battery for a good 5 minutes and put it back in. Turned on the computer and still nothing. How is a problem like this even fixed? If you can't get an image what can you do?
m
l
November 3, 2010 7:32:50 PM

Did you remove the ATI card and then try to boot the computer with the onboard display? Even though you didn't touch them before, try reseating other components of the computer as well, specifically the RAM.
m
l
November 3, 2010 7:46:25 PM

I'll try reseating the RAM and removing my GPU altogether and see what happens. Thanks for the help skolpo. btw thanks for the consistent help, i appreciate it.

I just called this computer guy my mom knows. He seemed to know what he was talking about so I'm gunna give him a shot.

But please, keep the suggestions coming, I've got plenty of time.
m
l
November 3, 2010 7:53:15 PM

As skolpo said, the next step would be to remove the vid card completely and plug the vid cable from integrated graphics adapter port to monitor.

Also, leave the case open and tell us what you see when you attempt to power up. May not help, but would like to know if cpu fan comes on and stays on, on and then off, no lights on the mobo or some lights, that kind of thing.
m
l
November 4, 2010 9:19:14 PM

Problem solved.

I unplugged from the DVI port and plugged it back in and noticed the monitor was recognizing it, turning from orange (sleep mode) to blue (active) but wasnt getting an image.

So I decided to unplug from the monitors end and plug back in and VOILA, image appears. I would never ever thought that would be the trick since I never had to do it that way once.

Thanks everyone for the help, and I know I can always count on this site when I'm having troubles. Thanks!! :hello: 
m
l
November 4, 2010 10:39:30 PM

Interesting fix. Glad you got it running!
m
l
!