Is this card Compatible with my computer?

My graphics card blew so I'm using intergrated graphics and looking for a replacement asap and I'm looking to replace it with
Galaxy 22TGE8HX2IUN GeForce GT 220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA.

Unfortunately, I'm ignorant when it comes to this and was wondering if this is even compatible with my System Model: VGC-RB30 - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz (2 CPU's), ~3.0Ghz. Chip type: Intel (R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset.

Thank you.
8 answers Last reply
More about card compatible computer
  1. That very much depends on whether your Motherboard is AGP or PCI E. Boards of that era could be either as it was about the time PCI E started to take over.
  2. Where would I find out what type it is?

EDIT: Anyone? I tried downloading some freeware things but it's still not showing what type it is. Can I find out by opening it up?

EDIT: Number #2 Under DirectX features it says AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available
    Does that mean my MotherBoard is AGP? If so, does that mean this card isn't compatible?
  3. all d915's have a pcie16x slot so yes the card is compaitible with your mobo . i m currently using a d915 (dell gx280) . tell us more about ur whole configuration and most importantly about psu of your's
  4. ^Yes, all 915 series motherboards have a PCIE x16 slot.Even if you're unsure, check the manuals of your motherboard or open the case to look for it yourself.It is a black(usually) slot longer than the white PCI slots and its generally present above the PCI slots.
  5. Your system is compatible with that graphics card. You should have no issue with installing it in your computer.
  6. hmmm, just read your specs and found that u got a 305watt psu. the card is not a resource hog according to Tom's it draws 60 watts at max . It should run fine.
    But better be safe tell amperage on the +12v (open the case u will see a sticker on the power supply , there you will find it).
  7. will i able to run gt220 pci express card on d915 intel board
  8. @muhammad shahrukh khan yes . i've personally tested it in gx280(which has d915 mobo)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Graphics