kuruption213

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post so please forgive me if this message is an incorrect forum. Here is my situation I have a custom built computer that is about 6 years old. It had been running fine until one morning I noticed my computer had turned off overnight. Upon trying to start the computer the fans would start for a second and then stop. I naturally thought it was the power supply and upon changing it all the fans (processor fan, video fan) started functioning, my motherboard states "FF" but I get no display on my monitor. I have taken out the RAM and just tired running the computer within a single stick but that doesn't help either. I have taken the parts out (video card, ram, dvd rom, etc) and reconnected with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get my computer functioning again?

Thanks

cloonso

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Have you tried clearing the CMOS? If that does not work a failing power supply could have fried your mobo. This would not happen to be an Ibuypwer PC would it? I have seen this happen with their stuff before. They tend to leave a cheap power supply that comes with the case in their builds unless you spec something better.

knagesh

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
Interesting, I have the same problem with my Elite GF7100PVT-M3 Motherboard, E8400 Dual Core CPU. Removed Mem modules and hard drive. Beeps continuously but no display. Tried clearing CMOS, removing the battery, and putting all of them together.

When mem and graphics card plugged in, no beep.