P9x79 Pro DEBUG led b5 error!!!!

fmjoker

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hey guys,
I finally got all of the parts for my 3930k build and my motherboard stalls on an debug led b5 message. I have no idea what it is. In the manual is says pci bus hot plug. I have tried searching and calling asus tech, but they are dumb. ANY HELP would be appreciated....hope i don't have to RMA i live out in the middle of nowhere :(
Thanks!

Specs:
Intel i7 3930k
16gb 1600mhz ddr3 quad channel gskill ram
120gb ssd
1tb 7200 6gb/s wd
msi twin forzr ii 560ti 2gb
corsair h80
dual blu ray burner

THANKS AGAIN!!! :)

Solution
I had this problem with a P9X79 Deluxe. After removing and reinserting 14 different RAM sticks, I finally gave up and sent it back. When I got my replacement, the same thing happened.

I was just about to RMA this one and, out of frustration, I pushed REALLY hard on the RAM. I heard a click. It turns out that the side of the slot without a latch will actually click when the memory is properly seated. Even though it looks like it's properly seated, if you didn't hear that click, it's not. I installed all 8 sticks, making sure to properly press in the non-latch side, and it booted right away.

fmjoker

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks for the response!
I checked my video card, it is seated well. I took everything out of the case and tried to troubleshoot, but no luck :( still same b5 error. Tried a different known working video card and but to no avail. This is a fresh build, so no OS has been installed.

mquinn27

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I had this problem with a P9X79 Deluxe. After removing and reinserting 14 different RAM sticks, I finally gave up and sent it back. When I got my replacement, the same thing happened.

I was just about to RMA this one and, out of frustration, I pushed REALLY hard on the RAM. I heard a click. It turns out that the side of the slot without a latch will actually click when the memory is properly seated. Even though it looks like it's properly seated, if you didn't hear that click, it's not. I installed all 8 sticks, making sure to properly press in the non-latch side, and it booted right away.

Solution

fmjoker

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

wow! Thats it?! Damn my luck. I really thought the memory was in all the way! Thanks for he reply! Out of curiosity, whats your build like?