Solved

P9x79 Pro DEBUG led b5 error!!!!

Hey guys,
I finally got all of the parts for my 3930k build and my motherboard stalls on an debug led b5 message. I have no idea what it is. In the manual is says pci bus hot plug. I have tried searching and calling asus tech, but they are dumb. ANY HELP would be appreciated....hope i don't have to RMA i live out in the middle of nowhere :(
Thanks!

Specs:
Intel i7 3930k
16gb 1600mhz ddr3 quad channel gskill ram
120gb ssd
1tb 7200 6gb/s wd
msi twin forzr ii 560ti 2gb
corsair h80
dual blu ray burner

THANKS AGAIN!!! (:
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p9x79 debug error
  1. check if graphic card is well seated and all power to connected also see this that refer to vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2470260
  2. Thanks for the response!
    I checked my video card, it is seated well. I took everything out of the case and tried to troubleshoot, but no luck :( still same b5 error. Tried a different known working video card and but to no avail. This is a fresh build, so no OS has been installed.
  3. Best answer
    I had this problem with a P9X79 Deluxe. After removing and reinserting 14 different RAM sticks, I finally gave up and sent it back. When I got my replacement, the same thing happened.

I was just about to RMA this one and, out of frustration, I pushed REALLY hard on the RAM. I heard a click. It turns out that the side of the slot without a latch will actually click when the memory is properly seated. Even though it looks like it's properly seated, if you didn't hear that click, it's not. I installed all 8 sticks, making sure to properly press in the non-latch side, and it booted right away.
  4. mquinn27 said:
    I had this problem with a P9X79 Deluxe. After removing and reinserting 14 different RAM sticks, I finally gave up and sent it back. When I got my replacement, the same thing happened.

I was just about to RMA this one and, out of frustration, I pushed REALLY hard on the RAM. I heard a click. It turns out that the side of the slot without a latch will actually click when the memory is properly seated. Even though it looks like it's properly seated, if you didn't hear that click, it's not. I installed all 8 sticks, making sure to properly press in the non-latch side, and it booted right away.

wow! Thats it?! Damn my luck. I really thought the memory was in all the way! Thanks for he reply! Out of curiosity, whats your build like?
  5. look at the specs on member information under member configuration
  6. Got the RMA back last week and am now typing this from my new computer. Worked like a dream. Guess it was defective
  7. Best answer selected by fmjoker.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Debugger LED Monitor