Laptop restarts when running on battery

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 21, 2005 6:16:59 PM

I have a Sharp PC-MV10 laptop it is about 2 years old... 1Ghz, 250 MB,
Pentium III processor...Windows XP
Anyway my laptop restarts when running on battery mode, it
doesn't do this when is plugged in, I have let the battery drain and
then fully charge it, still restarts, the indicator says the battery
is full and still restarts. There is no "fan always on" option on
BIOS and it does get a little hot regardless of running on battery or
not.
The power schemes is set for always on, I disabled hibernation
hoping for a result but it did not do anything
The times when the computer reboots are random, some times when
windows starts after 2 minutes the computer reboots, sometimes after
like 30 minutes it restarts... Could a Virus be the problem? because
McAfee doesn't find any. It always makes it through Scan Disk when it
restarts and it doesn't restart, sometimes I just leave it on and it
doesn't restart, it seems like it only does it when I'm working on
it...
I really don't know what to do because I take notes and sometimes
there is no way for me to plugge it in...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 22, 2005 5:08:18 AM

OK, one crucial piece of information missing: how many charge cycles
does batt have?

Doesn't hurt blowing some compressed air on batt's contacts.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 22, 2005 8:50:28 AM

bobb wrote:

> OK, one crucial piece of information missing: how many charge cycles
> does batt have?
>
> Doesn't hurt blowing some compressed air on batt's contacts.

pencil erasure is better.

--redpill
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 22, 2005 1:38:54 PM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:50:28 -0600, RedpIll <RedpIll@takeIT.org>
wrote:

>bobb wrote:
>
>> OK, one crucial piece of information missing: how many charge cycles
>> does batt have?
>>
>> Doesn't hurt blowing some compressed air on batt's contacts.
>
>pencil erasure is better.

Have u seen those contacts? they are slotted and unless u know where
to find a 1mm pencils.....