ArchAngelAlien

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
I have a new upcoming build. Basically I am going to build a 2600k system in the Haf X case. I have all the pieces i need picked out and I am not going to flood this post with all the items.

I have decided on the corsair dominator 8gb ddr3 2000 mhz memory, and these memory sticks do a high heat fin spreader and also an included fan, I have done some research and it appears that the Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler will not mount properly with the memory being so high. I think my new option is to go with the H 70, I have tried to find some comparison videos and threads on the two in a head to head temperature battle. The H70 does look like a better option since I cannot get the nh 14 to clear the memory. unless the Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler can be mounted to blow air upwards without the side coming into contact with the ram, any thoughts?

The Corsair H70 is an excellent cooler and I'd personally recommend it over the D14 considering its compactness and similar performance.. The only downside is that it is louder when compared to the D14 and some other high end coolers.. Also, IMO you are investing unnecessarily too much on memory.. How much of an overclock do you wish to achieve..?

ArchAngelAlien

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Well I hear more and more about the 2600k, I am going for a crossfire setup across 3 monitors with a very high screen rez. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5200x1200 or higher (im new to multimonitor display sizes) and I want to be able to play all upcomming future titles including diablo 3, battlefield 3 and all the games I own, Metro 2033, GTA 4 ect ect across 3 monitors with at least 60+ fps with all the eye candy enabled (give or take aa on or off sometimes I cant really tell a difference). You tell me what overclock would suffice.