System Cooling

Clockwork5000

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I have just upgraded my system and was wondering if I need to upgrade my system to liquid cooling.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 GHz

Rocketfish RF-900WPS 1000W PSU

Onboard 7.1 Sound

Nvidia Geforce GTX 470

Standard HP Comp Case with one fan in the back.

findway

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
cooling system, apparatus employed to keep the temperature of a structure or device from exceeding limits imposed by needs of safety and efficiency. If overheated, the oil in a mechanical transmission loses its lubricating capacity, while the fluid in a hydraulic coupling or converter leaks under the pressure created. In an electric motor, overheating causes deterioration of the insulation. The pistons in an overheated internal-combustion engine may seize (stick) in the cylinders. Cooling systems are employed in automobiles, industrial plant machinery, nuclear reactors, and many other types of machinery. (For a treatment of cooling systems used in buildings, see air-conditioning.)

g048989h

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Findway........ WHAT was that??
Clockwork5000 - def buy a better case before you buy liquid cooling stuff. I doubt you current case woud support more than a simple sealed very basic LC solution.
Look around and find someting like what GoldenI suggested. Look at a lot of cases, use newegg as a resourse even if you can't buy from there. Look at the fans, front intake with filters, top exaust, intake for bottom mounted PSU with filter, side panel fan etc.