javabeam

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I need to upgrade my processor and motherboard to something that goes well with my Sapphire ati 4670 without bottleneck: light gaming and audio and video encoding is my main concern

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
A few details would help us help you;

What budget did you have in mind?
What size case do you have?
Do you already have a PSU?

You say video encoding is you main concern...
...well, most of us would aim you straight at an i7-2600k, or a i5-2500k with a P67 motherboard.
Your card draws less than 100w, so a 450w PSU would do nicely.
Lots of RAM choices - we can help if you need...

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Your PSU concerns me in that it is the bare minimum for what you need plus, it does not have PFC, meaning the AC current will have greater harmonics. Such a PSU is very inefficient relative to modern more upscale PSUs. For example, a non-PFC PSU can not even be sold in Europe (it should be that way everywhere.)

You should consider upgrading the PSU. In a few years of usage, an 80 plus Bronze PSU will actually pay for itself in electricity savings.

OK, suggested parts for video encoding (which covers medium gaming too):
For $500 I would get:
a i5-2500kfor $179 if you live near a Microcenter. Otherwise, Newegg has it for $225
Now choice of motherboards leaves much choice. I don't know if you have a favorite brand, but here and here, is a nice basic P67 motherboard that overclocks nicely and I would say is a bargain at $120

RAM...how 'bout this.

There, $400 give or take! Now you can get a better PSU.