Bottlenecking

Hey guys. I am planning on buying a GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128380 in conjunction with and evga gts 450 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130572&cm_re=evga_gts_450-_-14-130-572-_-Product and was wondering if any problems would arise between this two in terms of loss of performance Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about bottlenecking
  1. The motherboard won't bottleneck the graphics card. What Processor will you be installing on the motherboard?
  2. core 2 duo e7500
  3. sorry bottleneck is not he right word. I meant would the fact that it is a cheap motherboard impede with the performance of the graphics card.
  4. The motherboard you've choosen is fine and won't hinder the cards performance, However I think the Processor will be the limiting factor in games that are very CPU intensive like Battlefield bad company 2. Still I think you'll get decent frame rates in almost all games with fairly good in game settings.
  5. It has only 1 pci-e 2.0 buss slot running at x16 there is no chance to bottleneck.

P43 is not powerful enough to handle high traffic the x48 chipset is mutch faster but hard to find, i suggest for you to go for a P45 or if you can afford P55 mothebords are better.
  6. Quote:
    It has only 1 pci-e 2.0 buss slot running at x16 there is no chance to bottleneck.

P43 is not powerful enough to handle high traffic the x48 chipset is mutch faster but hard to find, i suggest for you to go for a P45 or if you can afford P55 mothebords are better.

Eh? OP is only using one card, so he/she only needs one PCI-E lane 2.0 x16, which the motherboard he/she linked too has. A P55 mobo is for 1156 CPU's, not s775 CPU's.
  7. it isn't clear if he is building a new system and what CPU had, i covered all the possibilities X48 is far more better as a chipset, became a standard in the new motherboards under the name x58.
  8. The OP has a s775 CPU, as he/she mentioned previously and made no mention of upgrading.

@OP if you intend to add another GTS450 for SLI then I would recommend Buying a P55 or X58 setup, as your current CPU would hinder the performance of GTS450 SLI and I would not recommend you spend alot of money on old technology (s775)
  9. Yes you are right, he said core 2 duo i can’t believe i missed that, assuming he has ddr2 memory and don't want to spend a lot the only choice that will boost his performance is a x48 motherboard with the card he is talking about and is really hard to find in stock somewhere in a ddr2 combo.

Look for ASUS Rampage or Ga-X48-DQ6 if they have them in stock somewere take it.
  10. thanks for the help guys but i only want to spend about 300$ to upgrade my dell vostro 220s. It doesnt need to be a dream machine, just a computer that can moderately game on.

Current Part list:
    Nzxt m59
    1x evga gts 450
    asus p5n-d
    600watt rosewill psu
    from dell:
    3gb crucial 800mhz ram
    250gb HD
    cd rom drive
    core 2 duo e7500
  11. I did found a ga-x48-dq6 in a stock house only for 30 euros for a friend of mine i assume if you search deep enough you will make the dream machine reality. I did spend hours and many phone calls to find it here in greece.

I tried to give you the best solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck Motherboards Gigabyte Graphics Product