Computer shuts down with no warning

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
hello friends...

My computer shuts down without any warning. No blue or black screen, no message, no warning, temp are not too high.
It is 40-45 c for CPU and GPU both. I have to wait for few minutes or unplug the psu cable to start again.
I thought my psu is faulty. So I got another one. It ran perfectly fine for 2 days and after that same problem.
I have AMD phenom x2 555 which I unlocked to x4. Is it the RAM or CPU or GPU???

Mobo - Gigabyte GM-UD2H
RAM - Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz
PSU - corsair 750 TX
GPU - Ati radeon 5750 1 Gb XFX
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
What should I do???

Pls suggest me...

Thanx in advance....

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
When you have a mysterious computer problem, one of the first thing to do is to restore everything to their stock settings.
Reset your CMOS
If that doesn't work, try one stick of RAM at a time and run Memtest
Try a prime95 test
If those don't work, it's likely you have some faulty hardware.

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

I have'nt overclocked my ram, cpu or gpu....
MY mobo supports ram at 1.5v but my ram consumes 1.65v...Is there a non compatibility issue with it????

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

the ram uses 1.65v but the motherboard says 1.5v....I checked the ram voltage it was 1.6v so i increased it to 1.65v...but i am facing the same problem...

I have a question to ask my mobo is compatible with ddr3 1333/1800+ oc....is it compatible with 1600 mhz????
I checked the compatibility list...it included 1600mhz....

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

I ran memtest on each stick...with the first stick the test were all right but when i installed the second one the computer dint start...but after trying for couple of times it started...I dint ran memtest on the other one...I kept the first stick installed and removed the other one...the same problem again...computer shut down after few seconds...
dude u said it right....."Building your own PC = fun + problems in ratio 1:2"

leon2006

Distinguished

Its an overload on the PSU. Thats why it requires to reset of the PSU to the point of unplugging it to re-start your PC. You have a condition that one of your HW is drawing high current than what your PSU can supply.

I'm not a fan of Unlocking disabled CPU core. In most cases it is BAD functionally or has parametric related defect. Try to stick with X2 then observe your PC. AMD's weakness is process technology and it is highly probable that the disabled core are defective.

Run prime95 and measure the current draw of your PC. Do it with X2 CPU and X4 when you unlock. Compare your current draw when running X2 and X4.

You can also scale down your HW. Use less memory stick (if possible.), Less HD...

Set to stock settings... No OC

shabbir010

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

I set the cpu to 2 cores. But the problem still exists. I borrowed another same cpu from my friend and installed on my system. it is working fine. I think the cpu is faulty..:(