Low profile budget card help

sparkyshark

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hello, Can anyone please help with recommending a low profile card for my hp dc7700 pc.

To watch HD video and to lower CPU cycles. It should be quiet if possible, don't want to hear a mad fan. Thanks.

sparkyshark

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Superb. Looking on ebay item no. (250721405895) although the model no is the same it looks different... Don't know what the deal with that is... is it the same?

@OP that looks like the same card to me, however I would personally buy from a trusted retrailer like overclockers.co.uk, its the same price and you can return the item if its faulty, I noticed that the seller on ebay does not accept returns.

@malmental, I don't think the OP is looking for an 'Impressive' card, just one that is quiet and aids in playing HD video's.

see i already suggested that and I get (an attempted ripping) from omgitzfatal...
i new I wasn't far off on this.

What the hell are you smoking? :heink: I'm the one who suggested it in my first post in this thread, then you said it was cool but not impressive.....

An attempted ripping? lol ok buddy. :pt1cable:

sparkyshark

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Lets get this back on track.

The guys are right re main usage. Unless its a small step up to the mid range cards my sole use will be watching HD content via DVD, you tube etc. Game play would only be the odd flash games "abcarcade" for example & some photo editing. Though in the future maybe some basic video editing as a possibility - but then I'd need a far more powerful machine anyway. hdmi a must which they all have. The dvi is in use by my laptop.

Point taken re eBay I'll stick to the main suppliers warranty/returns etc.

Ok so options so far: All low profile. Exc Del. So which one then...
£34.99 HIS ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB GDDR3 SILENT / HDMI YES
£35.24 As above but 1G instead of 512mb
£24.99 (Cheap) Asus ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB GDDR2 / HDMI YES
£31.98 (FAN) Asus GeForce 210 512MB DDR2 / HDMI YES
£32.43 PowerColor Go! Green AX5450 512MK3-SH Radeon HD 5450 / HDMI YES

More Expensive:
Found at £57.56 (FAN) Asus GeForce GT 430 1024MB GDDR3 / HDMI YES
Doesn't appear to be low profile £77.98 Gainward GeForce GT 240 OC 1024MB GDDR3
Also why is it when you say goto: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=168

There are so many options for the same card why???? Confusing to me anyway..!!

Even the very cheap HD 4350 is fine for flash games (and everything else you listed)

Ati designs the HD4350, TSMC manufacture the GPU (graphics processing unit) chips and PCB's, and AIB (Add in board) company's stick there own cooler (sometimes) and sticker on the card and then ship the graphics cards to retailers.

So you get several AIB company's selling basically the same card, with some changes like the cooling and apperance, and also included bundle (accessories) and warranty period length.

sparkyshark

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Whats crap... ? & which nVidia options?

I wanted to order 1 today ready for the weekend. But the way this is going its not going to be the case :(

sparkyshark

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Looking at £70.49 + Del. Seems to be a US model. No HDMI. XFX PVT95GZAFG GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
Looking at £52.59 All IN Palit NEAT4300FHD01 GeForce GT 430
Can't find this model in the UK. HIS Silence H557HR1G Radeon HD 5570. Though Radeon HD 5570 is around £70

Got to watch the budget.... The consensus seems to be the other models which are cheaper will do the job. However you seem to be dead against it and I'm guessing this is probably due to experience.

Is it defo worth going for the £52.59 model over all the others...? So much for a simple answer, must admit the thread has made me laugh at times.

It's because he doesn't know what he is talking about and should be ignored. Even current onboard video can do what you want. Listening to this guy is only going to leave you with less money.

TRENDING THREADS