Onboard NIC 10MBps instead of 100 MBps/1GBps

Status
Not open for further replies.

lledger

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Hello,

I recently built a new computer and for some reason, the onboard NIC will only work at 10MBps full-duplex. I have tried auto and setting it to 100MBps or 1000MBps, but no luck. Only time I can connect to internet is when I do 10MBps. My router is a Belkin Wireless router model number: F5D8235-4 V2. The firmware is up to date. The motherboard is an ASRock 870 Extreme3. I couldn't download the drivers from the ASRock site for everything, but I did get the LAN and installed them, so they are up to date. After I couldn't get it to work, I tried connecting my cable to my laptop, which also has a 1 GBps NIC onboard, and that worked so I know it is not the cable. It is just a Cat5 cable not crossover. I cannot think of anything else I can do. Please any suggestions would be helpful.

lledger

lledger

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

Yes that is correct.

tecmo34

Administrator
Well, it seems like you have a motherboard issue of some type. It could be a conflict with drivers. I would try and access another PC and download all the required drivers for the MOBO onto a flash drive and install them. See if that helps with the issue.

lledger

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Ok I will try and do that. Unfortunately my flash drive stopped working. I am going to pickup another one tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for replying tecmo34.

lledger

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
So i got the drivers all updated for everything, yet it says I still have only 10 MBps. I ordered a PCI NIC so I am going to test that. I read on another forum of a similar issue and that was how they solved it. I will update this is it solves it in case others experience similar woes.

smg4life01

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I have the exact same problem with my pc just started happening yesterday, and yes i was super pissed about it so i then decided to buy myself a PCI Lan card for my pc, i'm only having a guess the reason for this problem for me was all after i did a smart lan test nd it wasn't going any where so i decided to exit it, but also i updated the driver ever since then i think the on board ethernet has been a pain in the ass

Status
Not open for further replies.