Sony PCG-F812 display flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMA

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

On this 6 year old Sony the display brightness has started to flicker
more and more. Also now when it flickers I can heas arcing type noise
through the speakers. It changes when the lid is moved back and forth.
If it is a bad connection is it more likely in the lid or the main
unit?? Also does anyone know how to disassemble the lid if the problem
is there. Thanks

RMA wrote:
> On this 6 year old Sony the display brightness has started to flicker
> more and more. Also now when it flickers I can heas arcing type noise
> through the speakers. It changes when the lid is moved back and forth.
> If it is a bad connection is it more likely in the lid or the main
> unit?? Also does anyone know how to disassemble the lid if the problem
> is there. Thanks

The inverter is arcing and will soon fail entirely.

Quaoar wrote:
> RMA wrote:
>> On this 6 year old Sony the display brightness has started to flicker
>> more and more. Also now when it flickers I can heas arcing type noise
>> through the speakers. It changes when the lid is moved back and
>> forth. If it is a bad connection is it more likely in the lid or the
>> main unit?? Also does anyone know how to disassemble the lid if the
>> problem is there. Thanks
>
> The inverter is arcing and will soon fail entirely.

If you have limited experience with laptop repairs, then you might
consider the following service center that has experience with Sony
laptops. http://www.aqstech.com./

They come highly recommended (fair price, good turnaround time) at
http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony