Sign in with
Your question

Best budget 1155 motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 3, 2011 10:52:27 AM

Hello,

I am stumpted on my motherboard and CPU setup, my friend has said he would sell me a brand new i5 2500k for £130, with that i will buy a GTX 560 TI although, i have no idea what mobo to buy; it needs to be SATA (ofc), SLI and be an ATX form factor. I have a budget of less than £100 for the motherboard and I was thinking would it be better if i went AMD? The Phenom X6 Black Edition chip looks like a good deal and to go with that i could afford a ROG Crosshair IV, which is a very nice mobo and would go great with my case as it is also red. However, i still want to use a GTX 560 TI and possibly get an SLI configuration, none of the AMD boards i seen support SLI for probably obvious reasons. I am not an AMD fanboy so i would prefer a 560 because of its overclocking potential and it and the intel will give me more FPS in most games. The 6950 is a good card, but from what i understand you need to get a reference model and unlock it otherwise its pointless, also it carries a hefty £200+ price tag which i am NOT up for.

Core i5 2500k or Phenom X6 1090T - Not bought
Arctic Freezer 13 Pro -
8gb Vengence
December 3, 2011 10:56:41 AM

I accidently hit the enter button so i could finish :D 

8gb vengance RAM
GTX 560 TI or AMD alternative (cant be over £200)
XFX Pro 650w psu or other
!