Sign in with
Your question

Need technical help!! Something is seriously wrong here

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
December 3, 2011 12:00:44 PM

After reading some articles, I think one of my RAM bricks are corrupted, but I want a complete answer from you guys.

So here's my story:
My PC lies inside my desk on a shelf. Yesterday I hit my desk with my office chair so it bumped my PC and it instantly shut down. After restarting, the screen was completely black (even the indicator light on my screen went orange, indicating it wasn't connected to anything), so I had to force the computer off once again. The second time I started, it worked and I recovered my PC to a past point (Windows Recovery) and thought everything was fine.

But now multiple issues occurs, based on things not starting and working as they are intended. For instance:
League of Legends wont start after I hit "Play" on the launcher, but it shows under "Processes" at Task Manager.
I can't join or do anything on Battlelog except refreshing the server list.
I can't install any programs, it says the source file is corrupted.

But Steam works, and I can play Skyrim no problem. (Except it crashes kinda often).

YouTube: [Coming]
Windows Log (CBS.log): http://www.mediafire.com/?iq3s54m9geoofve

Specs:
2600k Intel i7
GTX 580
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 INTEL I5/I7 PC12800 1600MHZ (2X4GB)
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Z68 S-1155 ATX
COOLER MASTER FULLTOWER HAF X

More about : technical wrong

December 3, 2011 12:09:54 PM

Error messages:

"NSIS Error
Installer integerity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

"Error
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDFiles.exe

An error occurred while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupted.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."

Etc... etc...
a b } Memory
December 3, 2011 12:15:31 PM

Try starting it with just one ram, then swap them to see if there is any problem with one of the sticks.

Usually HDs are more sensitive to bumps than any other piece of hardware.

Related resources
December 3, 2011 12:59:14 PM

Yup one of the Memory Sticks were fkd. Two led lights flashed on my motherboard for that one. The other one had one red light but it disappeared after some seconds.

This one I'm using now works fine, but the programs are still messed up. I'll report back here after I try to fix..

Btw. By "HDs" do you mean Hard Drives?
a b } Memory
December 3, 2011 2:55:24 PM

Yes, I do.
a b } Memory
December 3, 2011 3:00:31 PM

The bump shud not have damaged the RAM ..... try removing and re-inserting all cards, sticks, ..... also....set all BIOS to "defaults" and reconfigure as necessary to match ya hardware.

Run memtest86+
a b } Memory
December 3, 2011 3:03:33 PM

HDs are Hard Drives when used as an acronym, yes.

They also are likely to take damage from violent movement as mentioned.

The "arm" that reads/writes data on it is a few nanometers above the disk surface so a bump can easily move it that few nanometer distance and cause it to physically touch the disk, creating problems potentially.

Sorry to hear your RAM got screwed up, at least it is cheap.
!