New Ram installed & Monitor shows "No Video Input"

Vozili

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hi, I bought recommended Crucial ram lately, I got the ram today and I tried installing it, after putting the sticks in my monitor displayed "No Video Input", I then tried each stick individually, which gave me the same results. Strangely enough after I put my original ram in, the pc booted up normally. I have an ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO motherboard, running AMD Athlon II X4 630 on Windows 7 64-bit, the ram i bought was 2x4GB crucial 1333mhz unbuffered

Whatever you did while trying to sort this problem out it would help if you write it in here if you want people on TH to help you. If there is anything else you can think of then go ahead and say it.

In any event, you should repeat what I said 2 or 3 more times.

I recently had a similar problem where my wife had 1x 2GB generic RAM and I bought her a second stick with the exact same part number and stuck it in the board only to have the computer turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, turn on, turn off, every time after the same time interval which was about 1.5 seconds.

I took the battery out and put it back in, no change. I did like 10 other things, no change. I took the battery out and put it back in a second time, and all of a sudden it worked now.

So I have experience of having to clear the battery settings multiple times to get a computer to work.

Vozili

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Only other thing I did to get this to work was take out all the PCI cards, disconnect my harddrives and optical drives, and check if it works, it didnt, so I took out my GPU to check if it works with onboard graphics, it didnt.

After all that, I posted here and tried your solution.. I will try to clear out the CMOS battery settings again I guess and see if that fixes it.

When you are working inside the computer, do you pull the power cable completely out of the back of the computer first?

How long is the longest you would say the power cable has been out of the back of the computer since the first time you took the battery out for 15+ minutes?

- Edit - Regardless of how long it has been out, you might want to try taking it out for 1 minute anyway and holding the power button down the whole time to make sure all the power drains out of everything then putting it back in, it could help.

G

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.
To sum up:
I took out the original ram, put some new ram in, when the computer is turned on there is no picture, and the mouse and keyboard do not work...

This is the spec:

Asus P7H55-M H55 Socket 1156 VGA HDMI Out 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard

Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz i5 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V

Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E

Intel Core i5 661 3.33GHz Socket 1156 4MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

I then swapped the ram with:

Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz CL9 8GB DIMM Memory

even putting the old ram back in the screens dont respond, nor do the mouse and keyboard that go through the usb port.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers for the help!