Sign in with
Your question
Solved

$400 budget

Last response: in Systems
January 4, 2011 1:39:32 AM

approximate Purchase Date: ASAP, today

Budget Range:$400 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: surfing the internet, facebook gaming, watching movies, possibly some gaming

Parts Not Required: Windows 7 ,keyboard, mouse, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Microcenter, Superbiz(ewiz), (Tiger Direct but rare)

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: by brand or type:
I would like to use an AMD athlon 2 640 and 785GM-P45 AM3 785G , was looking to use that for mobo+cpu
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ccfae8f9#/ccfae8f9/... $106 ($126-$20)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200, 1680x1050 Most likely these are lower

Basically, I am building this for friend, she desparately needs one since her old one crapped out on her, she doesn't want to buy a premade pc so I am trying to assemble one for her. Thanks for your input and time.

More about : 400 budget

Best solution

January 4, 2011 2:48:53 AM
Related resources
January 4, 2011 3:00:39 AM

You should review the budget machine that toms built recently for their systembuilder marathon. You could carefully pick a few different parts to save some money. If she isn't gaming then you could save a bit on the graphics card too. Otherwise a $400 budget is real difficult and the prebuilt machines can reach this price point easier than you can.
January 5, 2011 2:42:23 AM

^ The RAM and the HDD are fine, but am not sure how that video card would hold for gaming,... but if it is going to be casual gaming at lower resolutions at Medium settings, then it might suffice,... But the 5670 would last her long,...
January 12, 2011 1:43:05 AM

Best answer selected by ryany.
!