sireatalot

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Hey Guys,
So basically, I'm "building" (more like upgrading) my computer. I'm Working of a fairly limited budget of around AU$600. To give you an idea:

Keeping:

Seagate SATA 160GB HDD (For Now)

ATI Radeon 4350

Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers ETC.

Lightscribe CD/DVD R/W You Name It

Monitor - Dell 1680x1050 60HZ

Getting:

Intel i5 Processor

Case: maybe this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

Power Supply (Preferably 500w)

Decent Motherboard, something like an Asus P7H55-M-USB3

DDR3 RAM (Around 4GB)

No Overclocking/Crossfire/anything like that

Any Ideas/Prices?

Thanks In Advance

Solution
For a cheap upgrade, a HD5670 is relatively inexpensive and will offer vastly improved performance.
As to the PSU, I'm not sure what's available to you. Essentially, a quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and 80+ certification. Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, and Enermax are among the better brands. A 380W Antec Earthwatts is a solid choice for a PC like yours. You could upgrade to a HD5750 or HD5770 with that.

sireatalot

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Moderate Gaming. Not ground breaking - I save that for my ps3 - but Total War, Age Of Empires, etc.
As is the case with my hard drive, I'm waiting to see a) how much money i have left over. and b) if I get more work (which = more money :D)
If I can, a new graphics is in consideration.

For a cheap upgrade, a HD5670 is relatively inexpensive and will offer vastly improved performance.
As to the PSU, I'm not sure what's available to you. Essentially, a quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and 80+ certification. Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, and Enermax are among the better brands. A 380W Antec Earthwatts is a solid choice for a PC like yours. You could upgrade to a HD5750 or HD5770 with that.

Solution