Strange audio(voice chat) problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistois

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
My voice chat has stopped working. I tried Skype, Teamspeak, and SC2 in game chat. A friend of mine said he could hear my game audio through Skype. How do I troubleshoot this? I do not use a sound card and my mobo is asus p8p67 pro.

Solution
its windows, you have it selected to port out the "what you hear", or one of speaker like options. its a common win xp problem, in windows 7 i havent had this problem so not quite sure how to fix it in there but if you mess with your audio properties and under the recording tab you will figure it out eventually.
you could just disable all but the mic in the recording tab, then it would have to use the mic.

when you disable them, to make them show again just right click in the white area where the devices are listed and select "show disabled devices"

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
its windows, you have it selected to port out the "what you hear", or one of speaker like options. its a common win xp problem, in windows 7 i havent had this problem so not quite sure how to fix it in there but if you mess with your audio properties and under the recording tab you will figure it out eventually.
you could just disable all but the mic in the recording tab, then it would have to use the mic.

when you disable them, to make them show again just right click in the white area where the devices are listed and select "show disabled devices"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.