HIS ATI Radeon 5770 Iceq 5 Turbo Trouble

anthonyd3

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I posted about a week ago with some trouble with this card. I've gotten it replaced, still did not work, chalked it up to the motherboard or some compatibility issue, then got a different board.

Before the swap outs, the fan would just spin at 100% on the card and I got no display. This time it seems to be in control and runs at a low, quiet rate during boot up.

My problem now is that the card is giving no output, and my motherboard has no onboard video with which I could use to load up Windows and the correct ATI drivers... I can tell the boot is successful because I can get it to start loading from a Windows DVD (I hear the spinning and loading of the install kernel)

One thing that I noticed which is still strange is that the blue LEDs on the card are not lighting up. I don't really care about the lights themselves, but as diagnostic information it may be relevant.

My next step is to try the card in another machine, and hopefully come up with a PCI card so I can get video up and running and try getting the right drivers in order. Any other thoughts besides that? Below is my system setup:

ASUS M4A77TD Motherboard
HIS ATI Radeon 5770 Iceq 5 Turbo
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular Power Supply

The installation instructions for the Radeon card mention both two 6-pin and 8-pin connections to power the card. All I am able to find is one 6-pin connector which I plug off of my power supply. Am I missing something or is this correct?

Thanks for any help!

Anthony