Bad i7 950 Temps?

nobbeh

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I have around 35C idle and around 60 in load with stock settings.

This is my computer:
i7 950 stock
Asus p6x58d
6gb RAM stock
GTX 480 sli stock
noctua nh d14 cooler with two fans

This is my airflow:
http://piclair.com/data/p76sh.jpg

Since only some cores run hot and not the others I think it's not the cooler that wrongly mounted.

IS this normal temps for an i7 950?

I need all help I can get before I overclock.

D

Deleted member 362816

Those temps are normal most i7-950 idle at 40c with stock fan.

D

Deleted member 362816

What program are you using to see the temps take into fact that those prgrams are not always right, restart the computer and go into the bios and check the temps.

D

Deleted member 362816

still those are not bad temps. you also have a beast of a gpu which makes things hotter.

D

Deleted member 362816

I took a look at your air flow seems ok other then the rear fan and the top rear fan are fighting for the cpu coolers air flow. what speed are you running the cpu cooler at?

nobbeh

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
SOrry the bottom arrow is the case in the sidewindow on the HAF X. It blows cold air on the GPUs and the top fan is blowing hot air out of the case.

CPU cooler are all plugged in to the PSU so full speed I assume.

D

Deleted member 362816

ok i meant the fan on the back of the case not bottom. anyway make sure that the fans that are exhausting are the same or higher rmp then your cpu cooler fans otherwise you are just pumping hot air into the case time after time. What is your room temp btw?

D

Deleted member 362816

btw---Note that load temperatures of 80-90°C is within the normal operating temp. The i7-950 runs hot you have good temps with your air cooler if you want much lower your going to have to watercool. 80-90 is not great but the cpu allows it.

D

Deleted member 362816

Most people have 45-55c at load IMO your cooler is not that great but 95% of toms will say im wrong. When in doubht Pull the Corsair H50 out. its 50$ lol.

D

Deleted member 362816

950 is a heat pump. Perfectly normal

It seems to me from what i see on the net that some 950 run cooler then others i dont know how this is possible but some people have the same setup and one runs 4-5C lower then the other. But isnt a decent load temp for a 950 45-70c?