When does a starbase disappear in hostrun?

Hi there,
Can anyone tell me when exactly a starbase disappears in the hostrun?
That is, when you transfer all the clans from the planet to one of
your ships.

I'm Lizards in a game and took an enemy planet, he has ships hanging
in there, so I need to make sure he won't fight the starbase and thus
reclaim it. I could do 2 things:
1. transfer off all clans
2. transfer off all clans but 1, and tax the natives very high so the
clan might get lost in civil war.

Opt 1 would be the most sure one, if ofcourse, the base gets deleted
BEFORE combat..

..r00t

If you plan on giving up the base, then why not make him fight for it?
If you attack a starbase and win the battle, the base is destroyed. The
planet is captured without the base. Let hiim sacrifice his ships if he
wants to. Put a ship in the queue just in case he doesn'T attack and
then at worst you have lost the base and planet, at best, you have
another ship.

ciao
paul

"r00t" <js.luiten@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> Can anyone tell me when exactly a starbase disappears in the hostrun?
> That is, when you transfer all the clans from the planet to one of
> your ships.
>
> I'm Lizards in a game and took an enemy planet, he has ships hanging
> in there, so I need to make sure he won't fight the starbase and thus
> reclaim it. I could do 2 things:
> 1. transfer off all clans

If he drops 1 clan he gets his base back.

> 2. transfer off all clans but 1, and tax the natives very high so the
> clan might get lost in civil war.

If he has enough clans to drop, he could take the base back.

> Opt 1 would be the most sure one, if ofcourse, the base gets deleted
> BEFORE combat..
>
> .r00t

The only sure way to destroy a base is by combat.

Don

Op 2005-01-13, Don Friesen schreef <don@robo.ca>:
>> 1. transfer off all clans
>
> If he drops 1 clan he gets his base back.

Actually, I think that during the processing of the turn files the
host notices that there is a planet without any colonists on it and
removes the star base automatically. Enemy colonists are only unloaded
later in the host run. So this should work.

"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of
whether submarines can swim." - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

r00t wrote:

>Can anyone tell me when exactly a starbase disappears in the hostrun?
It's fairly late I remember. After battles, I'm sure. Maybe after civil war
phase.

[elsewhere on the same galaxy]
>> If he drops 1 clan he gets his base back.
>Actually, I think that during the processing of the turn files the
>host notices that there is a planet without any colonists on it and
>removes the star base automatically. Enemy colonists are only unloaded
>later in the host run. So this should work.
Definetly not, I've many times transferred a base with ally in ground
combat with 0 clans.
--
There are 11 type of people in the world.
Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who are.

Wolfgang

Akseli Mäki wrote:
> r00t wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me when exactly a starbase disappears in the hostrun?
>
> It's fairly late I remember. After battles, I'm sure. Maybe after civil war
> phase.
>
> [elsewhere on the same galaxy]
>
>>> If he drops 1 clan he gets his base back.
>>
>>Actually, I think that during the processing of the turn files the
>>host notices that there is a planet without any colonists on it and
>>removes the star base automatically. Enemy colonists are only unloaded
>>later in the host run. So this should work.
>
> Definetly not, I've many times transferred a base with ally in ground
> combat with 0 clans.

Good to have ypu back, Akseli !!! Hope you are better.

-Wolfgang